June 30, 2011 DO 49, s. 2011 – Mandated Programs, Projects and Activities of the Supreme Student Government
June 30, 2011
DO 49, s. 2011
Mandated Programs, Projects and Activities of the Supreme Student Government
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/ City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Secondary Schools
- The Supreme Student Government (SSG) is the foremost co-curricular student organization authorized to operate and implement pertinent programs, projects and activities in schools nationwide. It lays the groundwork for good governance, volunteerism, unity and cooperation by providing the students various venues where they can improve their leadership knowledge, skills and attitudes. It trains students to become better members of society in accordance with the ideals and principles of participatory democracy and good citizenship. More importantly, it helps the Department cf Education (DepEd) achieve its thrusts as indicated in the Education for All (EFA) Goals, Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and the Basic Education Social Reform Agenda (BESRA)
- In order to synchronize its programs, projects and activities (PPAs),the following are mandated to be implemented annually by the SSG in the school and community:
- organize the participation of students and volunteers in the annual Brigada Eskwela;
- lead/participate in the National Greening Program (NGP) and other environment-related activities;
- conduct activities and awareness campaigns to encourage parents to enlist their five-year old children for kindergarten;
- conduct book and toy drive and other school supplies for donation to schools with kindergarten;
- conduct activities to prevent students from dropping-out of schools;
- conduct English Speaking Campaigns, and Reading and Tutorial Services;
- conduct activities to support Anti-Drug Abuse Education and Campaign;
- assist in ensuring that the school is a smoke/tobacco free place;
- lead students in organizing activities which start during the Teachers’ Month Campaign every September and which culminate during the World Teachers7 Day celebration on October 5; and
- encourage and support the participation of students in recognized co-curricular clubs/organizations and activities.
- The following organizational support mechanisms shall be provided by DepEd at all levels to ensure that the abovementioned PPAs are implemented:
- establishment of Federations of SSGs in the division, regional and national levels as ready mechanisms for student consultations and as sources of feedback and policy recommendations on issues and concerns that affect them;
- adoption of the Revised Standard Constitution and By-Laws of the SSG pursuant to DepEd Order No. 79, s. 2009 by all public secondary schools;
- organization of the Division, Regional and National Advisers Associations of SSGs as support groups for the implementation and monitoring of the Student Government Program (SGP);
- conduct of recognition and awards programs and activities for outstanding SSG organizations, officers and advisers through division, regional and national led initiatives;
- subject to existing DepEd policies and guidelines on voluntary contributions, collection of not more than Sixty Pesos (PhP60.00) as SSG Developmental Fund is encouraged to finance its programs, projects and activities;
- conduct of the synchronized SSG elections and requisite turn-over of responsibilities, financial statements and other records and properties;
- implementation of the synchronization of elections of all other school-based co-curricular organizations;
- conduct of student-leadership trainings at the division and regional levels provided prior coordination with the Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs (CSCA) is done for purposes of uniformity and compliance with SSG and SGP-related standards and policies;
- attendance in the annual National Leadership Training for Student Government Officers (NLTSGO);
- creation of the school’s respective SSG Facebook Page to create a virtual network among other SSGs for purposes of establishing direct exchange of information, sharing best practices, and giving feedbacks and suggestions. These social networking accounts shall be linked to the official Facebook Page of the CSCA (http://www.facebook.com/csca.deped); and,
- monitoring, evaluation and rating of SSGs’ implementation of the mandated programs, projects and activities and submission of elections and other required reports.
- The conduct of the PPAs shall be documented by the SSG Adviser and submitted with all the supporting data by the school head/principal to the schools division/city superintendent (SDS) through the SGP Division Coordinator. The SDS through the SGP Division Coordinator shall consolidate all reports in a matrix and submit the same to the CSCA copy furnished the SGP Regional Coordinator.
- All school heads/principals, SDS, Regional Directors (RDs) are tasked to ensure the smooth implementation of the SGP through this DepEd Order. The SGP Division Coordinators are required to monitor compliance of all SSGs and their respective SSG Advisers with these directives. The SGP Regional Coordinators shall actively lead and coordinate all SSG and SGP-related activities of all concerned in all levels.
- At the national level, the DepEd-CSCA is in-charge of the management, supervision, coordination and monitoring of the activities of the SSGs and the SGP.
- For coordination and concerns on the SSG and the SGP, kindly contact Mr. Joey G. Pelaez, DepEd-CSCA Executive Director, through the following contact details: Ground Floor, Mabini Bldg., DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City; telefax nos.: (02) 631-84951636-3603; website www.deped-csca.com; e-mail/facebook: email@example.com.
- The Synchronized Schedule of Activities is enclosed.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: Nos.: (79, s. 2009) and 34, s. 2008
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: