July 13, 2011 DO 53, s. 2011 – Policy Guidelines on the Utilization of Funds for Alternative Delivery Modes (ADMs) in Formal Basic Education
July 13, 2011
DO 53, s. 2011
Policy Guidelines on the Utilization of Funds for Alternative Delivery Modes (ADMs) in Formal Basic Education
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- The Alternative Delivery Modes (ADMs) in formal basic education are implemented to improve certain performance indicators in order to achieve the 2015 targets of Education For All (EFA) and the Millennium Development Goal (MDG) on achieving the universal primary education. The ADMs both at the elementary and secondary levels include the following:
- Enhanced Instructional Management by Parents Community and Teachers (e-IMPACT) System;
- Modified In-School, Off-School Approach (MISOSA);
- Home Schooling Program;
- Multigrade Program in Philippine Education (MPPE); and
- Dropout Reduction Program (DORP).
- The ADMs address the learning needs of the marginalized students and those learners at risk of dropping out in order to help them overcome social and economic constraints in their schooling. With these ADMs, the schools are then more flexible in accommodating children with diverse socio-cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Under the Fiscal Year (FY) 2011 General Appropriations Act (GAA), Two Hundred Million Pesos (PhP200,000,000.00) shall be utilized for the implementation of ADMs both at the elementary and secondary levels. The Seventy Five Percent (75%) of this amount or One Hundred Fifty Million Pesos (PhPl50,000,000.00) shall be allocated for the implementation of MISOSA, e-IMPACT and Multigrade Program in the Philippine Education (MPPE) while the Twenty Five Percent (25%) or Fifty Million Pesos (PhP50,000,000.00) shall be allocated for the implementation of DORP.
- All project activities are subject to the provisions of Republic Act (R.A.) No. 9184, entitled “Government Procurement Reform Act and Its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR.)
- The specific guidelines on the utilization of funds for ADMs are contained in the enclosures enumerated below:
Enclosure No. 1 – Work Plan for the Implementation of the e-IMPACT System
Enclosure No. 2 – Work Plan on MISOSA and MPPE for FY 2011
Enclosure No. 3 – Guidelines on the Utilization of the Downloaded Funds for the Implementation of MISOSA
Enclosure No. 4 – Guidelines on the Utilization of ADM Funds for the Secondary Level for FY 2011
Enclosure No. 5 – Guidelines on the Utilization of ADM Funds for Progress Monitoring and Evaluation (PME)
Enclosure No. 6 – Work Plan on ADMs at the Secondary Level for FY 2011
Enclosure No. 7 – Guidelines on the Conduct of CFSS-ADMs Regional and Division Training at the Secondary Level
- For more information, please contact Mr. Galileo Go, Curriculum Development Division, Bureau of Elementary Education (CDD-BEE) at telephone no.: (02) 638-4799 and Ms. Prudencia Martinez-Sanoy, Curriculum Development Division, Bureau of Secondary Education (CDD-BSE) at telephone no. (02) 635-9822, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: