September 8, 2011 DO 71, s. 2011 – Guidelines on the Utilization of the Additional Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE) for the Secondary Expansion Schools Offering Special Program in Sports (SPS)
To : Undersecretaries
Schools Division / City Superintendents
Heads, Public Secondary Schools
1. In addition to their regular Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE), the seventeen (17) secondary expansion schools implementing the Special Program in Sports (SPS) shall be granted a maximum of Five Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP500,000.00) subsidy for the effective delivery of service to the potentially talented high school students in sports, for the School Year (SY) 2011-2012. Please see enclosed list of new recipients of the subsidy.
2. The subsidy shall be released directly to the recipient schools with fiscal autonomy or through the schools division offices for those schools without fiscal autonomy pursuant to the provisions of the Department of Education-Department of Budget and Management (DepEd-DBM) Joint Circular No. 2004-1 entitled, The Guidelines on the Direct Release of Funds to Regional Offices and Implementing Units.
3. The additional MOOE shall be specifically used for the following subsidies:
4. To ensure that the financial subsidy is rationally utilized and be recommended for its continued release to recipient schools, the concerned school heads shall comply with the following effective SY 2011-2012:
- All recipient schools shall receive a fixed allocation of Two Hundred Ninety Thousand Pesos (PhP290,000.00) and a variable allocation computed at Five Hundred Pesos (PhP500.00) per student, which can be downloaded to the school upon submission of enrolment report for SY 2011-2012;
- The recipient school shall conduct a yearly mentoring training program to other schools within the division/region specifically in the forty (40) priority divisions which intend to implement the same programs as well as to provide access to other schools to the equipment and facilities in order to improve their learning outcomes;
- The beneficiaries of the program must continue to participate in national or international competitions/events; and
- The student-beneficiaries must attain a mean percentage score (MPS) above the national average in the National Achievement Test (NAT).
4.The recipient schools must provide the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) their Liquidation Report on the Utilization of the Financial Subsidy as well as report on Item No. 4. Non-compliance shall result in the suspension of subsidy.
5. All existing Orders and Memoranda inconsistent with this Order are rescinded.
6. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
BRO. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC (signed)
Encl.: As stated
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: