November 4, 2011 DO 88, s. 2011 – Guidelines on the Utilization of the 2011 Financial Assistance to the Special Science Elementary Schools Project
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary Schools
- The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE) has been implementing the Special Science Elementary Schools (SSESs) Project since 2006. On its 5th year of implementation, this Project has widened its coverage to one hundred three (103) schools (Batches 1, 2, and 3) in the sixteen (16) regions. To enhance the operation of the project, this Department shall download financial subsidy to these implementing schools to augment their resources and pursue innovations as reflected in their approved School Improvement Plans (SIPs). Please see Enclosure No. 1 for the list of the 103 recipient schools.
- The financial subsidy of the schools implementing the SSES Project shall be utilized according to the following schedule of expenditures:
Allowable Activities Percentage
a. Enhancement of capability of teachers and school heads through their participation in conferences, trainings, seminars and immersion training in science oriented schools 40% b. Development of pupil activities such as investigatory projects, leadership training, workshop and/or educational visits and participation in Science related activities 25% c. Procurement of reference books, textbooks,
psychological tests, video materials and software in Science, Mathematics and English, instructional materials/resources/gadgets/devices including maintenance and repair of said devices/facilities e.g. science model, apparatuses, etc.
25% d. Payment of Internet subscription 5% e. Organization of classes 5% Total 100%
- Upon receipt of the funds from the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), the Budget Division, Finance and Management Service (FMS), DepEd Central Office, shall immediately issue Sub-Allotment Release Order (Sub-ARO) to the schools division offices (DOs) concerned which will oversee the implementation of the program.
- Financial and physical accomplishment reports of activities undertaken during the year using the template in Enclosure No. 2 shall be submitted to the Office of the Director, Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE). Likewise, the School Improvement Plan (SIP) for the year shall be furnished to the same Office.
- For more information, please contact the Office of the Director, BEE at telephone nos.: (02) 637-4346 or (02) 636-6540.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: No. 73, s. 2008
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS