March 20, 2012 DO 22, s. 2012 – Adoption of the Unique Learner Reference Number
March 20, 2012
DO 22, s. 2012
Adoption of the Unique Learner Reference Number
Assistant Secretaries Bureau Directors
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units Regional Directors
Schools Division / City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- In order to facilitate the tracking of pupils, students or learners and their performance, a Unique Learner Reference Number (LRN) will be issued to all public school pupils and students and Alternative Learning System (ALS) learners based on School Year (SY) 2011-2012 Masterlist of Students, Pupils or Learners submitted per DepEd Order No. 67, s. 2011.
- The LRN is a permanent twelve (12)-digit number which the pupil, student or learner shall keep while completing the basic education program, regardless of transfer to another school or learning center in the public or private sector, and promotion/moving up to the secondary level.
- The LRN shall be incorporated in all documents, forms, examinations, surveys and databases which refer to a pupil, student or learner. In particular, the LRN shall be indicated in the pupil’s or student’s Permanent Record, (Form 137), Report Card (Form 138), ALS Certificate, Diploma or Portfolio, National Achievement Test (NAT), and Accreditation and Equivalency (A & E) Examination.
- The Database Management Unit-Office of the Planning Service (DBMU-OPS), shall be responsible for issuing the LRNs to all pupils, students or learners. The Regional or Division Planning Officers shall be responsible for releasing the LRNs of pupils or students to all public schools while the Regional and Division ALS coordinators shall be responsible for releasing the LRNs of ALS learners to all mobile teachers and learning centers.
- The school heads (SHs), district ALS coordinators, and mobile teachers shall be responsible for requesting the issuance of the LRN to pupils, students or learners who still do not have one. The request for additional LRNs shall be sent to the division office (DO) and should use the electronic template specified under DepEd Order No. 67, s. 2011 which can be downloaded at the DepEd website address: http://www.deped.gov.ph/downloads. The DO shall consolidate the requests to ensure that the correct template is used before sending them to the DBMU-OPS.
- The school heads (SHs), district ALS coordinators, and mobile teachers shall also ensure that information about a particular pupil, student or learner is accurate. They will also be responsible for requesting the deactivation of the LRN due to multiple issuance of LRN to an individual or for any other reasons. The Request for Correction in the LRN shall follow the format in Enclosure No. 1, while the Request for the Deactivation of the LRN shall follow the format in Enclosure No. 2.
- The DO shall submit a Status Report on the Implementation of the LRN indicating the number of pupils, students or learners who do not have any LRN yet following the format in Enclosure No. 3 by April 15, 2012 to the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning, Attention: DBMU-OPS.
- All DepEd personnel conducting monitoring activities in the schools and learning centers are enjoined to monitor the compliance of the incorporation of the LRN in the pupil’s or student’s Form 137, Form 138, ALS certificate and diploma or portfolio by the concerned SHs and other DepEd field personnel.
- The identity or other information that may reasonably identify the pupil, student or learner shall be kept confidential.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: (No. 67, s. 2011)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: