April 12, 2012 DO 28, s. 2012 – Guidelines on the Utilization of the Five Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP500,000.00) Allocation to the Secondary Schools Offering Special Program in Sports (SPS)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Secondary Schools
- The seventeen (17) secondary expansion schools (see enclosed list) implementing the Special Program in Sports (SPS) shall be granted a Five Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP500,000.00) subsidy for the effective delivery of service to the talented students. The change in the list of recipient schools is done to support the development of other schools offering the SPS.
- The amount of Five Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP500,000.00) shall be provided to the recipient schools to augment their regular Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE).
- The additional subsidy shall be used for the following:
a. Training of teachers and administrators on relevant topics in sports;
b. Procurement of instructional materials, sports supplies, and sports uniforms;
c. Student development activities such as trainings, workshops, participation in DepEd approved competitions including travel allowance of students during trainings/competitions; and
d. Participation in the DepEd sponsored scholarships, professionals upgrading of teachers including enrolment in master’s degree programs in sports.
- The following non-eligible expenditures shall be funded from the regular MOOE:
a. Operational expenses such as utilities (water, electricity, janitorial and security services); and
b. Capital Outlay items such as construction or repair of sports facilities.
- The financial subsidy shall be released to the DepEd Central Office (CO). The Sub- ARO will be released from the CO to the recipient schools after the submission of requirements set by the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE).
- To ensure that the financial subsidy is rationally utilized and be recommended for its continued release to recipient schools, the schools shall comply with the following guidelines:
a. The recipient schools shall conduct a yearly mentoring training program to schools within the division/region which intend to implement the same programs as well as giving access to other schools on the equipment and facilities to improve learning outcomes;
b. The beneficiaries of the program must continue to participate in the national and/or international competitions/events; and
c. The student-beneficiaries must have achieved the mean percentage score (MPS) above the national average in the National Achievement Test (NAT).
- The recipient schools must submit a liquidation report on the utilization of the financial subsidy as well as on Item No. 6 to the Division Office (DO). The DO shall submit a copy to the Regional Office (RO) where the RO in turn will provide a copy of said report to the BSE.
- Non-compliance may result in the suspension of subsidy.
- All existing Orders and Memoranda inconsistent with this Order are rescinded.
- For more information/clarification, the target participants may contact:
The Bureau of Secondary Education
3rd Floor, Bonifacio Building
DepEd Central Office, DepEd Complex
Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Telephone No.: (02) 632-7586
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: No. 110, s. 2009
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: