June 15, 2012 DO 48, s. 2012 – Quarterly Conduct of the National School-Based Earthquake and Fire Drills
To: Bureau Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) with partner agencies, the Department of National Defense (DND), members of the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (NDRRMC), all public and private schools, and DepEd offices and attached agencies are enjoined to undertake the Quarterly Conduct of the National School-Based Earthquake and Fire Drills.
- The activity aims to generate the highest level of awareness among the public on Disaster Risk Reduction/Climate Change Adaptations (DRR/CCA) concerns and to assess the capacity level of the school and the community in the eventuality of disasters and emergencies.
- The National School-Based Earthquake and Fire Drills will be hosted by the Pasig Central Elementary School located at Caruncho Avenue, San Nicolas, Pasig City on June 29, 2012 at 8:30 a.m. As host school, it is here where the ceremonial pressing of the button will be undertaken to start the simultaneous quarterly conduct of the national school-based earthquake and fire drills.
- All public and private schools are enjoined to be ready with the following requirements for the conduct of the said activity:
a. School Site Development Plan;
b. School Disaster Management Committee;
c. Identification of High Risk Areas Inside the School (properly labelled);
d. Emergency Preparedness Evaluation and Contingency Plan; and
e. Communication and Coordination Plan with the LGUs and Local DRRMOs.
- Enclosed are the pertinent documents related to the said activity for compliance and submission:
Enclosure No. 1 – The Guidelines on How to Conduct an Earthquake Drill in Schools; and
Enclosure No. 2 – Drill Evaluation Forms A and B
- Close coordination of the school with the Regional, Municipal and Barangay DRRMC and all other concerned agencies prior to the conduct of the said activity whose assistance are deemed necessary for the successful conduct of the nationwide drill is encouraged.
- Reports of the drill conducted, level of participation, school evaluation and contingency plan evaluation and assessment shall be submitted by respective schools to the Division DRRM for consolidations. The Drill Evaluation Forms shall be submitted to the DepEd Regional DRRMO or send through the DepEd DRRMO Operation Center at e- mail address: deped firstname.lastname@example.org through telefax nos. (02) 638-4108 local 108 copy furnished the National and Regional Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (DRRMC) not later than July 6, 2012. Submission of reports are for strict compliance in order to evaluate the level of awareness and preparedness of all schools during disasters and emergencies.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: