June 15, 2012 DO 51, s. 2012 – Guidelines on the Utilization of Support Funds for the Implementation of the Accreditation Program for Public Elementary Schools (APPES) Amended by
June 15, 2012
DO 51, s. 2012
Guidelines on the Utilization of Support Funds for the Implementation of the Accreditation Program for Public Elementary Schools (APPES)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary Schools
- In line with the thrust of enhancing quality elementary education, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE), is implementing the Accreditation Program for Public Elementary Schools (APPES) in the regions, divisions, and schools.
- The APPES is an evaluation system designed to empower all public elementary schools to strive for excellence through recognition and enlightened self-evaluation based on the standards specified in the Manual of APPES.
- For the current year, selected regions with accredited schools as shown in Enclosure No. 1 shall be provided with a regional support fund based on its number of accredited schools.
- The support funds shall be utilized by the regions for the following purposes subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations:
a. Orientation and training of APPES-qualified schools;
b. Travel allowance for the provision of technical assistance to and conduct of actual evaluation of the schools; and
c. Incentives like monetary incentives, bronze/silver marker, plaque of recognition for the principal, certificate of commendation to teachers and instructional materials of Levels 1 and 2 accredited schools and other incentives/benefits stipulated in the APPES Manual.
- Upon release of the allotment by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) to DepEd-CO, the Budget Division-FMS shall issue the Sub-Allotment Release Order (Sub- ARO) to the schools with fiscal autonomy, and through the Schools Division Offices for those schools without fiscal autonomy. After receipt of Sub-ARO, the implementing units (IUs) and the concerned Division Offices (for the Non-IUs) shall request from DBM-Regional Office the corresponding cash requirements or Notice of Cash Allocation (NCA).
- Upon release of the allotment by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) to DepEd-CO, the Budget Division-FMS shall issue the Sub-Allotment Release Order (Sub- ARO) to the regions. After receipt of Sub-ARO, the regional offices shall request from DBM- Regional Office the corresponding cash requirements or Notice of Cash Allocation (NCA).
- The recipient regions must submit to the Budget Division-FMS, DepEd Central Office physical accomplishment and fund liquidation reports on a monthly basis (Enclosure No. 2) and Activity Implementation Report (Enclosure No. 3).
- An evaluation of the program shall be conducted by a composite team in accordance with the program implementation plan under the supervision of the Office of the Planning Service (OPS).
- For more information, please direct all inquiries to the Chief, Staff Development Division, Bureau of Elementary Education, Department of Education, Meralco Ave., Pasig City at telephone no.: (02) 687-2948 and e-mail address: bee_sdd @yahoo.com.
- All existing Orders and Memoranda inconsistent with this Order are rescinded.
- These guidelines will remain in force and effect during the program, unless sooner repealed, amended or rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: No. 42, s. 2011
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: