June 15, 2012 DO 53, s. 2012 – Guidelines on the Utilization of the Financial Assistance to the Special Science Elementary Schools (SSES) Project
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary Schools
- The Department of Education (DepEd) through the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE) is implementing the Special Science Elementary Schools (SSES) Project. To enhance the operation of the project, financial subsidy shall be downloaded to all implementing schools as shown in Enclosure No. 1 to augment their regular Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE) and pursue innovations as reflected in their approved School Improvement Plans (SIP).
- The financial subsidy of the schools implementing the SSES Project shall be utilized for the following purposes subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations:
a. Development of pupil activities such as investigatory projects, leadership training, workshop and/or educational visits and participation in Science related activities;
b. Purchase of advocacy materials and payment for professional services of psychologists and psychometricians in the screening and identification of Grade 1 entrants;
c. Enhancement of the capability of teachers and school heads through their participation in conferences, trainings, seminars and immersion training in science-oriented schools; and
d. Procurement of reference books, textbooks, psychological tests, video materials and software in Science, Mathematics and English, instructional materials/resources including maintenance and minor repairs of devices/ facilities e.g. science model, apparatuses, etc.
- Upon release of the allotment by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) to DepEd-CO, the Budget Division-FMS shall issue the Sub-Allotment Release Order (Sub- ARO) to the schools with fiscal autonomy, and through the Schools Division Offices (DO) for those schools without fiscal autonomy. After receipt of Sub-ARO, the implementing units (IUs) and the concerned DO (for the Non-IUs) shall request from DBM-Regional Office the corresponding cash requirements or Notice of Cash Allocation (NCA).
- The recipient schools must submit to the DO physical accomplishment and fund liquidation reports on a monthly basis (Enclosure No. 2). Copies of the said reports shall be submitted to the Budget Division-FMS, DepEd Central Office copy furnished the Division Office and Regional Office.
- An evaluation of the program shall be conducted by a composite team in accordance with the program implementation plan under the supervision of the Office of the Planning Service (OPS).
- For more information, please direct all inquiries to the Chief, Staff Development Division (SDD), Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE), DepEd Central Office, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no.: (02) 687-2948 or at e-mail address: bee_sdd @yahoo.com.
- All existing Orders and Memoranda inconsistent with this Order are rescinded.
- These guidelines will remain in force and effect during the program, unless sooner repealed, amended or rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: No. 57, s. 2011
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: