June 15, 2012 DO 54, s. 2012 – Policy Guidelines on the Implementation of Alternative Delivery Modes (ADMs)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- With nearly three (3) years remaining for the Department of Education (DepEd) to meet its commitment to the Education For All (EFA) as set by the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), as well as the attainment of the Millennium Development Goals (MDG), the Philippines is yet confronted with problems on access to and quality of basic education. To address these challenges particularly on access, this Department ventured on Alternative Delivery Modes (ADMs) which aim to primarily address the problems on congestion and other situations, and circumstances which prevent children from going to and staying in school.
- The 1987 Philippine Constitution defines the implementation of ADM in the educational system through Article XIV which provides that the State shall:
a. protect and promote the right of every citizen to quality education at all levels and shall take appropriate steps to make such education accessible to all;
b. establish, maintain and support a complete, adequate and integrated system of education relevant to the needs of the people and society; and
c. encourage non-formal, informal, and indigenous systems, as well as self-learning, independent, and out-of-school study programs.
- The Policy Guidelines on the Implementation of Alternative Delivery Modes (ADMs) are enclosed to effectively manage and implement ADMs and to properly utilize the appropriated funds under the General Appropriations Act (GAA).
- For purposes of clarity and consistency, all alternative modes of delivering education services within the frame of the formal education system shall be referred to as Alternative Delivery Mode or ADM.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: No. 53, s. 2011
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: