June 15, 2012 DO 55, s. 2012 – Guidelines on the Utilization of the Support Fund to Regional Science High Schools
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- In order to promote quality, science-oriented secondary education, additional financial assistance shall be granted to the Regional Science High Schools (RSHSs).
- The annual subsidy for each of the seventeen (17) RSHSs shall be a fixed allocation of One Million One Hundred Fifty Thousand Pesos (PhP 1,150,000.00) and a variable allocation of Two Thousand Pesos (PhP2,000.00) per student based on the end of school year’s enrolment to augment their regular allocation for Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE). Enclosure No. 1 provides the list of RSHSs and their corresponding allocation.
- The said amount shall be used to subsidize the following expenditures:
a. Payment of laboratory/testing fees including transportation and materials to support students’ researches/projects;
b. Procurement of supplies and materials for instructional purposes in Science and Mathematics;
c. Procurement of instructional resources such as reference books for Science, Mathematics, English and other subject areas, and professional books and Internet subscriptions;
d. Professional development of teachers/school heads directly managing the RSHSs, including enrolment in Graduate Programs on Teaching Science or Mathematics;
e. Attendance and participation of teachers/school head and students in Science and Technology/Mathematics-related activities sponsored or authorized by DepEd;
f. Special services to support Science/Mathematics teaching and research such as contracting of services of experts in Science and Technology; and
g. Maintenance and minor repair of the existing equipment, science and computer laboratories.
- Non-eligible expenditure items for the subsidy are as follows:
a. Operational expenses such as utilities (water, electricity, janitorial and security services) funded by regular MOOE;
b. Capital Outlay items such as infrastructure and procurement of Science and Mathematics equipment; and
c. Major repair of equipment and laboratories.
- For the remaining funds, the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) shall be provided a Program Support Fund to undertake activities such as trainings, workshops, science and technology fair, and summits listed in Enclosure No. 2.
- Upon release of the Special Allotment Release Order (SARO) by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) to Department of Education-Central Office (DepEd-CO), the Budget Division-FMS shall issue the Sub-Allotment Release Order (Sub-ARO) to the schools with fiscal autonomy, and through the Schools Division Offices for those schools without fiscal autonomy. After receipt of Sub-ARO, the implementing units (IUSs) and the concerned Division Offices (for the Non-IUs) shall request from DBM-Regional Office the corresponding cash requirements or Notice of Cash Allocation (NCA).
- Utilization of the support fund shall be subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- An evaluation of the program shall be conducted by a composite team in accordance with the program implementation plan under the supervision of the Office of the Planning Service (OPS).
- The recipient schools must submit to the Division Office physical accomplishment and fund utilization reports on a monthly basis (Enclosure No. 3). Copies of the said reports shall be submitted to Budget Division-FMS, DepEd Central Office copy furnished the Division Office and Regional Office.
- All existing Orders and Memoranda inconsistent with this Order are rescinded.
- These guidelines will remain in force and effect during the duration of the program, unless sooner repealed, amended or rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: No. 46, s. 2009
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: