June 15, 2012 DO 57, s. 2012 – Guidelines on the Utilization of Support Fund to Science and Technology-Oriented (ESEP) High Schools
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- Cognizant of the need to strengthen Science and Mathematics Education in the country, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) shall provide support fund to the 198 public secondary schools implementing the Science & Technology-Oriented (ESEP) Program and to BSE in the form of a nationwide lump sum from the 2012 DepEd General Appropriations.
- Each school shall be given financial support consisting of a fixed allocation of One Hundred Forty-Four Thousand Pesos (PhP144,000.00) and a variable allocation of Five Hundred Pesos (PhP500.00) per student based on the classes’ average enrolment of the last two (2) years or two (2) sections per year level not exceeding 320 students to augment their regular Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE). The list of recipient schools and their corresponding allocation are contained in Enclosure No. 1.
- The financial support to schools shall only be used for the following:
a. Supplies and materials to support the conduct of science investigatory projects including procurement of chemicals and other materials needed in the laboratory;
b. Rentals for and payment for laboratory tests (e.g. Boiler Test & DNA Test) to support students’ researches/projects by authorized agencies and/or the use of equipment, spaces (computer/science laboratories), transport, etc.;
c. Subscription expenses to cover the cost for the procurement of print and non-print instructional materials in Science and Mathematics such as reference materials and professional books and of subscription to library and other reading materials;
d. Professional Development/Training of Science and Mathematics teachers including attendance in Science and Mathematics-related seminars sponsored or authorized by DepEd and payment of tuition and miscellaneous expenses of teachers enrolled in Science or Mathematics- related graduate programs; and
e. Repair and maintenance to include expenditures for the minor repair and maintenance of Science laboratories and existing Science equipment.
- Ineligible expenditures are the following:
a. Personal Services such as salaries, overtime pay and honorarium; and
b. Capital Outlay includes the purchase of furniture and equipment.
- The financial support to BSE for the conduct of S & T programs and activities is detailed in Enclosure No. 2.
- Upon release of the allotment by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) to DepEd-Central Office, the Budget Division-FMS shall issue the Sub-Allotment Release Order (Sub-ARO) to the schools with fiscal autonomy, and through the Schools Division Offices for those schools without fiscal autonomy. After receipt of Sub-ARO, the implementing units (IUs) and the concerned Division Offices (for the Non-IUs) shall request from DBM-Regional Office the corresponding cash requirements or Notice of Cash Allocation (NCA).
- Utilization of the subsidy shall be subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- The recipient schools must submit to the Division Office physical accomplishment and fund utilization reports on a monthly basis (Enclosure No. 3). Copies of the said report shall be submitted to the Budget Division-FMS, DepEd Central Office copy furnished the Division Office and Regional Office.
- An evaluation of the program shall be conducted by a composite team in accordance with the program implementation plan under the supervision of the Office of the Planning Service (OPS).
- For inquiries and other concerns, please contact the Director, Bureau of Secondary Education at telefax no.: (02) 632-7586 or at e-mail address: email@example.com.
- All existing Orders and Memoranda inconsistent with this Order are rescinded.
- These guidelines will remain in force and effect during the duration of the program, unless sooner repealed, amended or rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order No. 65, s. 2008
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: