June 20, 2012 DO 62, s. 2012 – Guidelines on the Utilization of the Financial Assistance for the Implementation of the Senior High School (SHS) Modelling Program Under the K to 12 Basic Education Program
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- To ensure the efficient/smooth and effective operation of the Senior High School (SHS) Modelling Program in June 2012, each of the twelve (12) Technical-Vocational (Tech- Voc) Secondary Schools shall be provided a funding assistance of One Million Pesos (PhPl,000,000.00) together with the technical assistance to support this Program under the K to 12 Basic Education Program by applying a research and development process. The following are the recipient Tech-Voc secondary schools which are modelling the SHS:
Tech-Voc School Division Region a. Bukig National Agricultural and Technical School Cagayan Region II b. Angeles City National Trade School Pampanga Region III c. Balagtas National Agricultural High School Bulacan d. Bataan School of Fisheries Bataan e. San Pedro Relocation Center National High School Laguna Region IV-A f. Rizal Experimental Station and Pilot School for Cottage Industries Pasig City NCR g. Don Alejandro E. Roces Science and Technology High School Quezon City h. Dona Montserrat Lopez Memorial High School Silay City Region VI i. Subangdaku Technical-Vocational High School Mandaue City Region VII j. Opol National Secondary Technical School Cagayan de Oro Region X k. Iligan City National School of Fisheries Iligan City 1. Tagum National Trade School Tagum City Region XI
- This funding assistance shall be downloaded to the 12 recipient schools through the issuance of Sub-ARO in order to augment the expenses for undertaking the following activities:
a. Development of Competency-Based Curriculum (CBC) per identified area of specializations based on industry inputs and/or Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) Training Regulations;
b. Preparation of instructional materials based on the CBC;
c. Training of teachers who will be teaching the different qualifications/ specializations to be offered under the SHS Program. The training strategies may be explored in the training to be organized by the Tech-Voc schools themselves in closed coordination with TESDA, Industry-Based Training (industry immersion) and others as needed;
d. Purchase of supplies/materials and other required learning resources;
e. Assessment of students who will complete certain qualifications;
f. Consultation with industry partners and other line agencies; and
g. Other activities as required to achieve the SHS Modelling Program’s objectives.
- One week after the acceptance of the Sub-ARO, the 12 Tech-Voc secondary schools shall submit a realistic work plan detailing the different activities with the corresponding funding requirements to the Tech-Voc Education Task Force (TVTF) for recording purposes.
- A one-day program evaluation meeting with the 12 SHS modelling schools will be conducted on August 29, 2012. The objectives of the meeting include the following:
a. present the status of implementation of the SHS Modelling Program based on the work plan;
b. discuss the utilization of the additional fund amounting to One Million Pesos (PhPl,000,000.00) including some outputs; and
c. share some initial challenges and best practices.
- Each of these recipient schools shall submit a monthly progress report and other reports required on the conduct of the different activities with the actual utilization of funds including liquidation report (if activities have been undertaken) shall be submitted to the TVTF Office, copy furnished the regional/division offices. This report will also be discussed during the one-day meeting to be held in August 2012.
- The utilization and disbursement of funds are subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Reference: DepEd Order No.: 36, s. 2012
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: