November 29, 2012 DO 84, s. 2012 – Simultaneous Conduct of the Fourth Quarter National School-Based Earthquake Drill
To: Bureau Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) in cooperation with the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) and other partners will hold the Fourth Quarter Conduct of the Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill on December 3, 2012 at 9:00 a.m. Philippine Standard Time (PST).
- Pursuant to Republic Act (RA) No. 10121, preparedness and mitigation are key strategies in reducing disaster risk. This activity seeks to intensify and level-up earthquake preparedness of the schools and local communities. The activity aims to generate the highest level of awareness among the public on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) concerns and to assess the capacity level of the school and the community in the eventuality of disasters and emergencies.
- All public and private schools are enjoined to participate in the said drill and are enjoined to integrate challenging activities during the drill such as tsunami evacuation, fire after the earthquake, blockage of identified evacuation route which will be specific to the school situation.
- Close coordination of the school with the Regional and Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Councils (LDRRMC) and all other concerned agencies is encouraged prior to the conduct of the simultaneous nationwide drill to ensure its success.
- A post activity report shall be submitted by the schools to the division offices (DOs) for consolidation. The regional offices (ROs) shall submit a consolidated report to the Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (DRRMO) at the Central Office (CO) on or before December 21, 2012. The following documents and source materials are enclosed for guidance:Enclosure No. 1 – How to Conduct an Earthquake Drill in School and YouTube URL;
Enclosure No. 2 – Earthquake Drill Evaluation Form;
Enclosure No. 3 – School Earthquake Drill Report Outline;
Enclosure No. 4 – Report Consolidation Outline for Division Offices; and
Enclosure No. 5 – Division/Regional Summary Drill Report Outline
- Regional Summary Drill Report should be sent through email address email@example.com or through telefax no.: (02) 637-4933.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: No. 48, s. 2012
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
SAFETY EDUCATION SCHOOLS