January 10, 2013 DO 1, s. 2013 – Implementation of P 4,000.00 Net Take Home Pay for DepEd Personnel
January 10, 2013
DO 1, s. 2013
Implementation of P 4,000.00 Net Take Home Pay for DepEd Personnel
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- For the information and guidance of all concerned, the Department of Education (DepEd) shall implement Section 37, Authorized Deductions of the General Provisions of Republic Act No. 10352, otherwise known as the General Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year (FY) 2013, which stipulates that:
“Deductions from salaries, emoluments or other benefits accruing to any government employee chargeable against the appropriations for Personal Services may be allowed for the payment of individual employee’s contributions or obligations due the following and in the order of preference stated below:
- The BIR, PHILHEALTH, GSIS, AND HDMF;
- Mutual benefits associations, thrift banks and non-stock savings and loan associations duly operating under existing laws which are managed by and/or for the benefit of government employees;
- Associations/ cooperatives/provident funds organized and managed by government employees for their benefit and welfare;
- Duly licensed insurance companies accredited by the appropriate government agency; and
- Rural banks accredited by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP)
PROVIDED, That such deductions shall in no case reduce the employee’s monthly net take home pay to an amount lower than Four Thousand Pesos (P 4,000.00)”.
- The new threshold of Four Thousand Pesos (P 4,000.00) shall take effect this Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 and shall apply to all deductions, whether new or queued deductions in the monthly payroll of the concerned DepEd personnel. However, consistent with item 3 of DepEd Order No. 8, s. 2012 on the implementation of P 5,000.00 net take home pay for FY 2012, those deductions already effected in the “Deducted Obligations” of the concerned DepEd personnel’s monthly pay slip, as a result of the requirement on P 3,000.00 net take home pay pursuant to FY 2012 GAA, shall still be continued until full payment.
- The DepEd offices/units involved in payroll servicing at the central, regional and division offices, as well as the fiscally autonomous secondary schools are hereby ordered to strictly enforce this Order.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: No. 8, s. 2012
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: