February 14, 2013 DO 9, s. 2013 – 2013 Graduation Rites
February 14, 2013
DO 9, s. 2013
2013 Graduation Rites
To: Bureau Directors
Schools City /Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The 2013 Graduation Rites shall focus on the theme Building the Nation’s Future Leaders Through the K to 12 Basic Education Program or the K to 12 Basic Education Program-Tungo sa Paghuhubog ng mga Makabagong Lider ng Bansa. It should be scheduled either on March 18 or 19, 2013.
- In line with the government’s austerity program, the Department of Education (DepEd) reiterates its graduation rites policy as contained in DepEd Order No. 9, s. 2012, to wit:
- Public school heads (SHs), teachers and other DepEd personnel should not be allowed to collect any graduation fees or any kind of contribution for the graduation rites;
- PTAs may give donations in cash or in kind for the graduation ceremonies and celebrations;
- No non-academic projects should be imposed as requirements for graduation;
- No extravagant special attire or extraordinary venue for the ceremonies should be required;
- Graduation rites should not be exercised in splurging and display of pomp and pagentry but should be Spartan affairs which exhort civic duties, sense of community and personal responsibilities and should be memorable, exciting and animated without baggage of extra cost and excessive spending; and
- Contributions for the annual yearbook, if any, should be on a voluntary basis.
- Furthermore, the graduation rites should be conducted in an appropriate solemn ceremony befitting the graduating students and their parents and shall not be used as political forum.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Reference: DepEd Order: (No. 9, s. 2012)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: