February 28, 2013 DO 12, s. 2013 – Guidelines on the Granting of Performance-Based Bonus (PBB) For the Department Of Education (DEPED) Employees and Officials
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
Chiefs of Divisions
All Others Concerned
- Pursuant to the provisions of Executive Order No. 80, s. 2012 entitled Directing the Adoption of a Performance-Based Incentive System (PBIS) for Government Employees signed by President Benigno S. Aquino III on July 20, 2012 and Memorandum Circular No. 2012-01 issued by the Inter-Agency Task Force (AO No. 25, s. 2011), the Performance-Based Incentive System (PBIS) consisting of the Productivity Enhancement Incentive (PEI) and the Performance-Based Bonus (PBB) shall be adopted in the national government beginning Fiscal Year (FY) 2012.
- The PBB is characterized by a system of rewards administration to all bureaus or delivery units, and personnel within the Department according to their contribution to the overall agency performance.
- DepEd Memorandum No. 9, s. 2013 was issued on January 18, 2013 entitled Creation of Task Force to Formulate and Finalize the Guidelines on the Performance-Based Bonus (PBB) for the Department of Education (DepEd). The said Task Force conducted marathon meetings to finalize the implementing guidelines. Enclosed is the Task Force Resolution recommending the implementing guidelines of PBB.
- The enclosed implementing guidelines shall be adopted and will take effect once the Department is identified eligible to the PBB. To get the top-up bonus for FY 2012, the following criteria and conditions should be met:
- Achieved at least 90% of FY 2012 targets of each Major Final Output (MFO), Support to Operations (STO), and General Administrative Support Services (GASS);
- Achieved 90% of each priority program/project targets agreed with the President under the five Key Result Areas (KRAs) of Executive Order No. 43; and
- Satisfied 100% of good governance conditions.
- The bureaus or delivery units and attached agencies shall be evaluated according to their performance in the achievement of the Department’s performance targets.
- The officials and employees within the central office (CO), regional offices (ROs), division offices (DOs) and attached agencies who qualified for the PBB, based on the criteria and condition stipulated in the enclosed implementing guidelines, shall be further evaluated based on their individual performance.
- The performance review and evaluation of the offices and its employees will determine the amount of PBB to be received.
- The DepEd employees including teachers who are recipients of the national awards from the Civil Service Commission (CSC), Metrobank Foundation and National Literacy Awards in FY 2012 are automatically entitled to the P 35,000.00 Bonus.
- However, individuals belonging to the First and Second Levels, employees who received a “Below Satisfactory” performance rating, and officials in the Third Level Positions (SG 25) who earned below Very Satisfactory (VS) performance is automatically disqualified from the PBB.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Memorandum: Nos. 6 and (9, s. 2013)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: