April 26, 2013 DO 24, s. 2013 – Revision of the Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS) Data Gathering Forms for the End of School Year (EOSY) 2012-2013
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- To ensure the appropriateness and relevance of data collected through the Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS), the Research and Statistics Division-Office of Planning Service (RSD-OPS) conducted series of consultations and meetings with several stakeholders.
- The data collection, processing and validation of school statistics shall begin with the Revision of the Enhanced Data Gathering Forms for the End of the School Year (EOSY) 2012-2013.
- The following new data elements and definitions were included:Government Elementary School Profile and Government Secondary School Profile (GESP/GSSP)Table A. Pupil Data and Table A. Student Data:
- Number of Late Enrollees refers to pupils who entered the school after the cut-off date of July 31, i.e., from August 1 onwards.
- Number of Continuing Pupils and Students refers to pupils and students who were enrolled in Alternative Delivery Mode (ADM) as defined in DepEd Order No. 54, s. 2012 and who have not yet completed the requirements for the grade/year level.
Table C.1. Existing Number of Instructional Rooms in the School by Status:
- Standard Room refers to room which is safe and usable, (whether complete or partially incomplete classroom construction) and having the standard dimensions as defined in the instructional room.
- Non-Standard/Makeshift Room refers to safe and usable room which is considered temporary structure as a means of easing up classrooms shortage and/or temporary shelter during emergencies. This also refers to room which does not meet the prescribed standard dimensions and may basically made of bamboo, nipa, cogon, lumber and other light materials.
Table 1. Number of Teachers by Teaching Assignment and by Year Level (GSSP only). This indicates the number of nationally-funded teachers by gender.
Private School Profile (PSP)
Table A. Pupil Data and Table B, Student Data:
- Number of Late Enrollees refers to pupils/students who entered the school after the cut-off date of July 31, i.e., from August 1 onwards.
- Under the Private School Profile (PSP) the new cut-off data for Table D. Personnel Data, Table E on Academic Classrooms, and Table F on School Seats will be SY 2012-¬2013 as of March 31.
- The following timeline in the conduct of EBEIS activities shall be observed:
EBEIS Activity Timeline Start of Encoding EOSY 2012-2013 April 29, 2013 Submission April 29-May 24, 2013 Validation May 27-31, 2013 Closing of System June 1, 2013
- The school heads/teachers-in-charge (SHs/TICs) of both public and private schools offering kindergarten, elementary and/or secondary education shall be responsible for ensuring prompt, complete and accurate filling-up of the EBEIS data gathering forms.
- The regional directors (RDs) and schools division/city superintendents (SDSs) through the Regional Planning Units (RPUs) and Division Planning Units (DPUs) shall jointly undertake online collection, processing and validation of the accomplished forms and collection of printed and signed forms to ensure the accuracy, consistency, and completeness of data submitted by the schools.
- The division offices (DOs) shall oversee the encoding of data for schools with no access to the internet facilities.
- All personnel involved in the EBEIS at the school, district, division, regional and national/central levels are allowed to render overtime services during weekdays, weekends and holidays as provided in DepEd Order No. 58, s. 2008 and DepEd Order No. 10, s. 2009 where necessary to meet the EBEIS target schedules.
- All previous issuances relative to this Order which are found inconsistent are deemed superseded or modified accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: Nos. 33 and 61, s. 2012; (54, s. 2012; 10, s. 2009; 58, s. 2008)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
SCHOOLS STATISTICS, Data