DO 33, s. 2013 – Learner Information System (LIS) Data Housekeeping and Implementation for School Year (SY) 2013-2014
July 23, 2013
DO 33, s. 2013
Learner Information System (LIS) Data Housekeeping and Implementation for School Year (SY) 2013-2014
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Learner Information System (LIS) was implemented in government schools and Community Learning Centers (CLCs) in September 2012 through DepEd Order Nos. 67, s. 2011 and 22, s. 2012. The implementation directed the issuance of a unique Learner Reference Number (LRN) to learners enroled in public schools and Alternative Learning System (ALS) learners in CLCs for School Year (SY) 2012-2013. It also enabled the establishment of a centralized “Learner Registry” where basic learner information is captured, stored and accessed through a secured facility to enhance tracking and decision-making on learners at various levels of DepEd management.
- Prior to updating the Learner Registry for SY 2013-2014, public schools, ALS CLCs and division offices (DOs) shall undertake the review and clean up (housekeeping) of learner data in the LIS to resolve data issues identified from the review of the previous school year’s data.
- After the housekeeping activity is completed, public schools and ALS CLCs shall proceed with the updating of the Learner Registry for SY 2013-2014 following the schedule of activities stipulated in this Order. The updating shall involve issuance of LRN to the learners who are not yet in the registry and updating of enrolment data and learner information.
- The following timeline in the conduct of LIS activities shall be observed:
LIS Activity Official
Timeline LIS Housekeeping and Implementation in Schools Review and Housekeeping of Learners Data School Head August 5-22, 2013 Submission of Housekeeping Report signed by the School Head (SH) to the Schools Division/City Superintendent (SDS) School Head August 23, 2013 Updating of Learner Registry for SY 2013-2014 School Head September 2-13, 20.13 Generating Masterlist of Learners for SY 2013-2014 School Head September 13, 2013 LIS Activity Official
Timeline LIS Housekeeping and Implementation in CLCs Review and Housekeeping of Data on ALS Facilitators ALS Program Supervisor I August 5-9, 2013 Review and Housekeeping of Learner Data ALS Facilitator August 12-16, 2013 Updating of Learner Registry for CY 2013-2014 ALS Facilitator August 26- September 6, 2013 Generating Masterlist of Learners for SY 2013-2014 ALS Facilitator September 6, 2013
- The LIS Housekeeping and Implementation Procedure for Public Schools is specified in Enclosure No. 1, while the procedure for CLCs is specified in Enclosure No. 2. These procedures must be done following the schedule that is provided.
- The LIS shall be secured, as far as practicable, with the use of the most appropriate standard required by the information and communications technology industry. Further, in order to ensure that learner information are secured and protected, the collection, updating and processing of information shall be subject to the following accountabilities:
- The Class Adviser shall be responsible for collecting and updating information on learners in the formal school, ensuring that data captured is supported by appropriate legal documents;
- The ALS Facilitator shall be responsible for collecting and updating information on learners in ALS, ensuring that data captured is supported by appropriate legal documents and that sensitive learner information are protected from unauthorized access or disclosure;
- The School Head shall be responsible for implementing necessary policies and procedures in his/her school to ensure that the collection and processing of learner information is carried out in accordance with the guidelines provided in this Order and that sensitive learner information are protected from unauthorized access or disclosure; and
- The aforementioned parties are granted security clearance to have access to the information in the LIS in their specific areas of responsibility. No other party shall be granted access to any information in the system unless a request for such security clearance is submitted and approved by the Office of the Secretary.
- DepEd through the Office of the Secretary shall ensure the security and confidentiality of learner information in the LIS and that processing of learner information and access to the same is in accordance with the provisions of the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
- The regional directors (RDs) through the Regional Planning Units (RPUs) and the schools division/city superintendents (SDSs) through the Division Planning Units (DPUs) shall jointly provide technical assistance to the schools and ALS implementors to ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of data submitted.
- The DOs shall oversee the encoding of data for schools and CLCs with no access to Internet facilities.
- All personnel involved in the LIS at the schools, CLCs, district and division levels are allowed to render overtime (OT) services during weekdays, weekends and holidays when necessary to meet the LIS target schedules, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules.
- All previous issuances relative to this Order which are found inconsistent are deemed superseded or modified accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: (Nos. 22, s. 2012 and 67, s. 2011)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ALTERNATIVE LEARNING SYSTEM