October 7, 2013 DO 45, s. 2013 – Guidelines on the Provision of Science and Mathematics Equipment for Fiscal Year 2013
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Secondary Schools
- To ensure the effectiveness of the teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics in basic education, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the National Science Teaching Instrumentation Center (NSTIC) and in coordination with the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE), shall provide packages of basic Science and Mathematics Equipment compliant to the K to 12 Curriculum for Grades 7 to 10.
- For Fiscal Year (FY) 2013, a total amount of Six Hundred Forty-Five Million Nine Thousand Pesos (P 645,009,000.00) is appropriated in the General Appropriations Act under DepEd Locally Funded Projects.
- The coverage shall be 2,966 recipient public secondary schools composed of 2,964 regular secondary schools and 2 Science, Technology and Engineering-oriented High Schools as listed in Enclosure No. 1. The basic Science and Mathematics Equipment, including laboratory glassware, to be delivered to each recipient school are contained in Enclosure No. 2.
- The list of recipient schools and the corresponding cost per school shall be provided by NSTIC to all division and regional Science and Mathematics supervisors before its delivery.
- The recipient schools are requested to provide their own sturdy storage cabinets to store the Science and Mathematics Equipment especially those that are fragile and critical.
- To ensure the maximum utilization of the distributed Science and Mathematics Equipment, eight selected Science and four Mathematics teachers per region, together with the concerned division and regional supervisors, shall be trained on the utilization, preventive maintenance procedures and minor repair processes. Once trained, they will serve as regional core trainers in their respective regions.
- The division offices (DOs) through the Science and Mathematics supervisors shall accomplish the enclosed form in Enclosure No. 3, in coordination with NSTIC, within the quarter when the deliveries are to be made and shall submit the accomplished form to the regional office (RO) concerned, copy furnished the BSE, DepEd Central Office through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, the Office of the Planning Service-Planning and Programming Division (OPS-PPD) through email address: email@example.com, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City and NSTIC through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, ECOTECH Compound, Sudlon, Lahug, Cebu City.
- For purposes of monitoring, the DOs shall monitor the utilization and condition of the Science and Mathematics Equipment in the recipient schools and shall submit the report to BSE through email address: email@example.com and to NSTIC through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All existing Orders and Memoranda inconsistent with this Order are rescinded. These guidelines shall remain in force and in effect, unless sooner repealed, amended, or rescinded.
- For more information and inquiries, all concerned may contact Engr. Ralph H. Neri or Ms. Natalie Olis, National Science Teaching Instrumentation Center (NSTIC), Lahug, Cebu City at telephone nos.: (032) 255-3633 to 35 or through email address: email@example.com.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order No.: 89, s. 2011
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Learning Area, MATHEMATICS