October 13, 2013 DO 49, s. 2013 – Effectivity Of The Grade/Year Level Placement Of Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) Qualifiers
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- For the information and guidance of all concerned, the Department of Education (DepEd) provides guidelines on the Effectivity of the Grade/Year Level Placement of Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) Qualifiers, as follows:
- The placement of the PEPT qualifiers (who took the November Regular Special and Walk-in Examinations in the division offices) shall take effect in the next or subsequent school year, not during the current school year (SY) when the test was administered;
- On the other hand, the placement of the June 12 PEPT qualifiers shall take effect in the same or current SY when the test was conducted. (The June 12 PEPT is administered for free in celebration of the Philippine Independence Day.)
- Moreover, the following data are to be indicated in Forms 137 and 138 of the PEPT qualifiers should they enrol in school:
“Placed/Reclassified in ____________________ on the basis of the PEPT
(Grade/ Year Level)
results dated ____________________ with Examination No. ____________________ .”
(Date of Examination)In addition, the PEPT Certificate of Ratings (COR) should be attached to Forms 137 and 138 of the PEPT qualifiers for reference.
- All Orders, Memoranda and other related issuances inconsistent with these guidelines are deemed amended accordingly upon its effectivity.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DECS Order: (No. 7, s. 2000) MEC Order No. (41, s. 1979)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: