October 14, 2013 DO 46, s. 2013 – Guidelines on the Madrasah Education Program and Utilization of the Support Fund
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Madrasah Education Program (MEP), a component of the K to 12 Program, contains a comprehensive standard or enhanced basic education curriculum in Arabic Language and Islamic Values Education (ALIVE) for all Muslim learners from both public and private Madaris. MEP aims to engage Muslim learners with relevant educational opportunities and processes, as contained in the Road Map for Upgrading Muslim Basic Education, and with components of Madrasah Education.
- To sustain the gains of the program, the DepEd shall continue to provide allowance or honorarium for Asatidz and Program Support Fund under the Fiscal Year 2013 to all regions, selected divisions and selected public elementary and secondary schools with organized ALIVE classes, subject to the enclosed implementing guidelines on the availment, release, utilization and liquidation.
- All existing Orders and Memoranda inconsistent with this Order are rescinded. This Order shall remain in force and effect, unless sooner repealed, amended, or rescinded.
- For more information, inquiries and other concerns, all concerned may contact Ms. Josefina V. Lacuna or Mr. Mohammad Nhor P. Sawato, Office of Madrasah Education (OME), 5th Flr. Bonifacio Bldg., DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos.: (02) 635-5669; (02) 634-1250 or through email address: email@example.com.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order No. 6, s. 2013
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: