DO 2, s. 2014 – Declaring January 25, 2014 as the Early Registration Day for SY 2014-2015 to Achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and the Objectives of Education For All (EFA)
January 13, 2014
DO 2, s. 2014
Declaring January 25, 2014 as the Early Registration Day for SY 2014-2015 to Achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and the Objectives of Education For All (EFA)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- With the theme Makapag-aral ay Karapatan Mo, Magpalista Ngayong Enero, the Department of Education (DepEd) declares January 25, 2014 as the Early Registration Day for the School Year (SY) 2014-2015 in all public elementary and secondary schools to achieve universal participation and completion of the cycle. With the special participation of local and barangay officials, a massive advocacy campaign for the early registration of out-of-school children (OSC) and out- of-school youth (OSY), including children and youth with difficulties, and regular pupils and students, shall be undertaken at all levels in the Department starting January 13, 2014.
- The Early Registration Day generally aims to achieve the Millennium Development Goal (MDG) on Universalization of Primary (Basic) Education and the objectives of the Education for All (EFA). Specifically, this activity has the following objectives:
- For incoming Kindergarten and Grade 1 – to ensure that all five years old and six years old children are enrolled for School Year (SY) 2014-2015;
- For out-of-school children (OSC) and out-of-school youth (OSY) from disadvantaged groups of indigenous peoples (IPs); street children from 5 to 18 years old; and, adults between 18 to 30 years old – to guarantee their enrollment in their preferred education delivery system, either formal through alternative delivery mode (ADM) or alternative learning system (ALS);
- For OSC and OSY with disabilities from 5 to 18 years old – to provide them with appropriate education interventions and to establish their census;
- For the different levels (central, regional, division) of the DepEd – to prepare the Three-Year Catch-Up Plan in Basic Education from SY 2014-2015 to SY 2016-2017 in order to accommodate the registered learners;
- For the DepEd, in collaboration with the local government units (LGUs), barangay officials, parent-teacher associations (PTAs), civil society/civic organizations and business sector, among others – to make the necessary preparation and to address potential resource needs in time for the opening of classes in June; and
- For schools – to support schools in their efforts to provide education interventions to prevent pupils and students from dropping out from school.
- An advocacy campaign shall be undertaken to encourage the most number of parents to come out for the early registration. Regional and Division Communications Teams shall lead local campaigns supported by schools, parents, local and barangay officials and other stakeholders. They shall be guided by the Communications Unit from the Central Office (CO) in preparing advocacy materials that will be made available to other DepEd Offices.
- The registration process shall include the following activities and the details of which are contained in Enclosure No. 1.
January 13-24, 2014 Child or Youth Find Activities January 25, 2014 Early Registration Day in All Public Schools January 27-31, 2014 School Submission and Coordination of Registration Data February 3-21, 2014 Planning to Address Resource Gaps and Implementation of Different Program Interventions
- Expenses related to the Early Registration Day shall be charged to OSec Funds or Local Funds, as appropriate and as authorized and subject to existing accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- For inquiries about the early registration, all concerned may contact the Early Registration Help Desk at any of these telephone nos: (02) 636-6547 or (02) 636-4879, or send a message through e-mail: email@example.com.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepEd Order: No. 89, 2012
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION or ENROLMENT DATA (Statistics)