DO 16, s. 2014 – Guidelines on the Utilization of Downloaded Funds for Adopt-A-School Program
To: Bureau Directors
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- Mandated to provide an enhanced learning environment and resources which would benefit children and youth in public schools, the Department of Education (DepEd) through its Adopt-a-School Program (ASP) is continuously engaged in obtaining the support from various entities, ensuring that such support contributes to expanding access to quality education.
- To sustain the implementation of the ASP initiatives, projects and activities, the DepEd has been providing financial subsidy to 16 regions, together with their divisions since 2009. The list of implementing regions and divisions, each of which with a corresponding allocation is contained in Enclosure Nos. 1 and 2.
- This year, support funds amounting to Eleven Million and Nine Hundred Fifty Thousand Pesos (P 11,950,000.00) shall be downloaded to the implementing regions through the issuance of the Subsidy Allotment Release Order (SARO).
- The downloaded funds shall be used for the following purposes:
- Advocacy and promotion activities;
- Re-orientation of school heads on ASP;
- Brigada Eskwela monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Stakeholders’ Forum at the division/regional level;
- Partnership Appreciation Program at the division/regional level; and
- Brigada Eskwela awarding ceremonies at the division/regional level.
- The following objects of expenditure shall not be allowed under the subsidy:
- Personal Services such as salaries, overtime pay, and honoraria;
- Operational Expenses such as utilities (water, electricity, internet connectivity, etc.) funded from the regular Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE); and
- Capital Outlay such as purchase of equipment and gadgets.
- The management and disbursement of funds, including submission of Physical and Financial Accomplishment Report shall be the responsibility of the ASP coordinators.
- The Physical and Financial Accomplishment Report, which reflects the activities undertaken throughout the year, shall be submitted to the regional office using the format provided in Enclosure No. 3 with a copy furnished to the Adopt-a-School Program (ASP) Secretariat through email at financeASP2014@gmail.com.
- Non-compliance may result in the suspension of the financial subsidy.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: