DO 32, s. 2014 – Guidelines on the Utilization of Funds for Madrasah Education Program
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM
School Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- In line with the implementation of the Madrasah Education Program (MEP), mandated through DepEd Order No. 51, s. 2004, the Department of Education (DepEd) continuously supports the institutionalization of MEP by providing the support mechanism for its continual adoption in public schools with Muslim learners, for Muslim Out-of-School Youths, and for private Madaris implementing the Refined Standard Madrasah Curriculum.
- The MEP aims to provide the Muslim learners with appropriate and relevant educational opportunities through the integration of the Arabic Language and Islamic Values Education (ALIVE) program in the basic education curriculum.
- To sustain the gains of the program, the DepEd shall continue to provide fund support for the MEP under the Fiscal Year 2014 General Appropriations Act subject to the enclosed guidelines on the fund availment, release, utilization, liquidation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- For more information, all concerned may contact Ms. Josefina V. Lacuna or Mr. Mohammad Nhor P. Sawato, Office of Madrasah Education (OME), 5th Floor Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos.: (02) 635-5669; (02) 634-1250 or through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepEd Order No.: 46, s. 2013
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: