DO 40, s. 2014 – Establishment, Merging, Conversion, and Naming/Renaming of Public Schools, and Separation of Public School Annexes in Basic Education
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Department issues the enclosed Revised Guidelines on the Establishment, Merging, Conversion, and Naming/Renaming of Public Schools, and Separation of School Annexes in Basic Education. It aims to provide comprehensive guidelines to streamline, synchronize and update the aforementioned work processes.
- The systems and procedures including the criteria set therein shall be used as guide by the DepEd Central and Field Offices/Units as well as the Department’s external stakeholders to ensure that schools to be established, merged, converted, and named/renamed and the school annexes separated from their mother schools are in accordance with DepEd quality standards to enhance the delivery of basic education.
- All provisions of DepEd rules, regulations, and issuances, which are inconsistent with these guidelines are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
- This Order shall take effect immediately upon its issuance.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
Reference: DepEd Order: No. 29, s. 2011
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS