DO 46, s. 2014 – Guidelines on the Implementation of the Alternative Learning System for Persons With Disability (ALS for PWD) Program
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- To further attain the goals of the Department of Education (DepEd) in relation to Education for All (EFA) and Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), and in the effort to reach all types of learners, this Department through the Bureau of Alternative Learning System (BALS) revitalizes the ALS for Persons with Disability (ALS for PWD) Program which is also formerly known as ALS for Differently-Abled Persons (ALS-DAP).
- The ALS for PWD Program is designed to reach both the hearing and visually impaired learners and provide them with appropriate learning interventions through the ALS Basic Literacy Program (BLP) and the Accreditation and Equivalency (A&E) Program.
- The enclosed Guidelines on the Implementation of the Alternative Learning System for Persons with Disability (ALS for PWD) Program under the Fiscal Year (FY) 2014 Budget for BALS shall be provided to selected regions and divisions to effectively implement the ALS for PWD Program, subject to the guidelines on the availment, release, and utilization and liquidation thereof.
- For inquiries and other concerns, all concerned may contact the Office of the Bureau of Alternative Learning System (BALS)-Literacy Division, 3rd Floor, Mabini Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no.: (02) 635-4694.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encl.: As stated
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects:
ALTERNATIVE LEARNING SYSTEM