January 22, 2015 DO 1, s. 2015 – Declaring January 24, 2015 as Commencement of Early Registration for SY 2015-2016
January 22, 2015
DO 1, s. 2015
Declaring January 24, 2015 as Commencement of Early Registration for SY 2015-2016
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- With the theme Makapag-aral ay Karapatan Mo, Magpalista, the Department of Education (DepEd) declares January 24, 2015 as the commencement of Early Registration for the School Year (SY) 2015-2016 in all public elementary and secondary schools to achieve universal participation and completion of the cycle.
- With the support of local officials and civic organizations, a massive advocacy campaign to find children and youth in the communities not currently enrolled and bring them back to school shall be undertaken from January 24 to February 27, 2015.
- The following are the objectives of the early registration:
- To ensure that all 5-year old children are enrolled in kinder;
- To locate, identify and enroll out of school children and youth who may belong to the following:
- Children and youth in remote locations,
- Children and youth in difficult circumstances,
- Children and youth who belong to disadvantaged groups or who suffer from discrimination,
- Children and youth with disabilities;
- To understand the barriers to access to education and identify local interventions to bring them to school and ensure that they do not drop out.
- Schools are urged to come up with various activities such as house-to-house campaigns or meeting with local and barangay officials and civic organizations to help and locate children who should be in schools. Regional Offices and Schools Division Offices shall support school campaigns.
- Expenses related to the Early Registration Day shall be charged to local funds and other fund sources, as appropriate and as authorized and subject to existing accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- For inquiries about the early registration, all concerned may contact the Office of the Undersecretary for Programs and Projects at 633-7202.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepEd Order: No. 89, 2012
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION or ENROLMENT