February 26, 2015 DO 3, s. 2015 – 2015 Graduation Rites
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The 2015 Graduation Rites shall focus on the theme Saktong Buhay: Sa De-kalidad na Edukasyon Pinanday. This theme highlights the importance of quality education in forging a decent future for Filipino Youth. It emphasizes the commitment of the Department of Education (DepEd) to hone the 21st century skills among Filipino graduates in order for them to actualize their life goals and dreams not only for themselves but also for the less fortunate.
- The Graduation Rites should be scheduled either on March 26 or 27, 2015. For schools divisions or regions whose school year has been extended, all concerned shall be guided respectively by their revised school calendar.
- In line with the government’s austerity program, this Department reiterates the following policies:
- Graduation rites should be simple but meaningful affairs which encourage civil rights, a sense of community, and personal responsibilities. While these rites mark a milestone in the life of the graduates, these should be conducted without excessive spending, extravagant attire, or extraordinary venue;
- Non-academic projects such as but not limited to attendance to field trips, film showing, Junior/Senior (JS) Promenade and other school events should not be imposed as requirements for graduation;
- Expenses relative to the Graduation Rites should be charged to the school Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE) under the 2015 Budget;
- Any DepEd personnel should not be allowed to collect any graduation fees or any kind of contribution;
- Parent-Teachers Associations (PTAs) may give donations in cash or in kind; and
- Contribution for the annual yearbook, if any, should be on a voluntary basis.
- Further, the Graduation Rites should be conducted in an appropriate solemn ceremony befitting the graduating pupils and students and their parents and shall not be used as a political forum.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
References: DepEd Order: Nos. 9 and 18, s. 2014; 9 and 10, s. 2013
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: