DO 16, s. 2015 – Addendum to DepEd Order No. 1, s. 2015 (Declaring January 24, 2015 as Commencement of Early Registration for SY 2015-2016)
May 13, 2015
DO 16, s. 2015
Addendum to DepEd Order No. 1, s. 2015 (Declaring January 24, 2015 as Commencement of Early Registration for SY 2015-2016)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- In addition to DepEd Order No. 1, s. 2015 entitled Declaring January 24, 2015 as Commencement of Early Registration for SY 2015-2016, the Department of Education (DepEd) issues this Order to include the following provisions regarding the entrance age of Kindergarten and Grade 1 pupils:
- Children who will turn five years old by June 2015 shall be accepted in Kindergarten for School Year (SY) 2015-2016. Those who will turn five years old on or before October 31, 2015 must show proof of completion of Early Childhood Education, such as an attendance in day care/learning centers. Children shall also be accepted after the teacher/principal has assessed their readiness to take Kindergarten education using appropriate development tools, such as the Early Childhood and Care Development (ECCD) Checklist; and
- The enrolment of children who will be five years old by June 1 of the coming SY shall be strictly implemented by SY 2016-2017 and onwards.
- Kindergarten completers will be accepted in Grade 1. The pupils should be at least six years old by October 2015; and
- Children who have completed the Kindergarten Catch-up Program and deemed ready for Grade 1 based on the School Readiness Assessment Tool shall also be registered.
- The issuance of this Order aims to strengthen the effort of the DepEd in providing learner-centered education.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
DepEd Order Nos.: (1, s. 2015) and 21, s. 2012
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION OR ENROLMENT