DO 23, s. 2015 – Student-Led School Watching and Hazard Mapping
June 16, 2015
DO 23, s. 2015
Student-Led School Watching and Hazard Mapping
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Guidelines on Student-Led School Watching and Hazard Mapping which aims to instruct all public elementary and secondary schools in the specific engagement of learners in identifying and addressing hazards and risks.
- These Guidelines provide minimum instruction on how to begin with the conduct of this activity, which specifically highlights maximum representation of all pupils and students at all grade levels, sections, groups and organizations. This will be part of the schools’ annual activity to engage learners in the implementation of disaster risk reduction and management (DRRM).
- The said Guidelines support DepEd Order No. 50, s. 2011 entitled Creation of DRRM Office and DepEd Order No. 55, s. 2007 entitled Prioritizing the Mainstreaming of Disaster Risk Reduction and Management in the School System and Implementation of Programs and Projects Relative Therefore, which seek to mainstream the implementation of DRRM in the systems and processes of the Department at all levels.
- This Order shall take effect immediately upon its approval. All other existing Orders and/or Memoranda inconsistent with this Order are superseded and are therefore deemed rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encls.: As stated
References: DepEd Order: (Nos. 50, s. 2011 and 55, s. 2007)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: