DO 27, s. 2015 – Promoting Family Earthquake Preparedness
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- In connection with the National Disaster Conciousness Month observed annually every month of July, the Department of Education (DepEd) promotes Family Earthquake Preparedness to all elementary and secondary schools and instructs all schools to conduct the following activities as part of their respective overall preparedness plan:
- all learners shall be required to accomplish the family earthquake preparedness homework (Enclosure No. 1 (Filipino) or Enclosure No. 3 (English) for K to Grade 2 and SPED; Enclosure No. 2 (Filipino) or Enclosure No. 4 (English) for Grade 3 to Grade 10 with their families and submit it to their respective class advisers;
- all class advisers shal discuss each of the questions with the students along with their family’s responses to the homework using the guidance notes (Enclosure No. 5) during the homeroom sessions;
- all class advisers shall tabulate and summarize the answers on the family earthquake preparedness assessment questions and submit it to the school administration; and
- all school heads shall present and discuss the results to the Parents-Teachers Association (PTA) and barangay officials for consideration in the school and community preparedness planning.
- The Guidelines support DepEd Order No. 55, s. 2007 (Prioritizing the Mainstreaming of Disaster Risk Reduction and Management in the School System and Implementation of Programs and Projects Relative Therefor) and DepEd Order No. 21, s. 2015 (Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Coordination and Information Management Protocol), which seek to engage different education stakeholders, especially learners and their families on disaster prevention and preparedness.
- Upon completion of this activity, all school heads shall report via SMS through 0908 2630382 or 0915-5153138 following this format: School ID, Date of Completion, name of School Head, Position (ex: 101010, day, month, year, Ceille Peralta, Principal IV).
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encls.: As stated
References: DepEd Order Nos.: (21, s. 2015 and 55, s. 2007)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: