DO 29, s. 2015 – Clarifications to DepEd Order No. 8, s. 2015 (Policy Guidelines on Classroom Assessment for the K to 12 Basic Education Program)
July 10, 2015
DO 29, s. 2015
Clarifications to DepEd Order No. 8, s. 2015 (Policy Guidelines on Classroom Assessment for the K to 12 Basic Education Program)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Policy Guidelines on Classroom Assessment for the K to 12 Basic Education Program issued through DepEd Order (DO) No. 8, s. 2015 shall be implemented effective School Year (SY) 2015-2016. However, clarifications have been made as follows:
- All provisions on classroom assessment and the grading system in the said Order shall be in effect for all grade levels, including Grades 5 and 6 which are still implementing the Basic Education Curriculum (BEC); and
- Learners who have incurred failures in not more than two subjects prior to the effectivity of DO 8, s. 2015 may be promoted to the next grade level; however, they should be provided with learning opportunities for the School Year (SY) 2015-2016 to catch up or make progress on the specific competencies of the subjects they failed.
- These guidelines shall remain in force and in effect for the duration of the program, unless sooner repealed, amended, or rescinded. All existing Orders and Memoranda which are inconsistent with this DO are rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Reference: DepEd Order No.: (8, s. 2015)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: