DO 51, s. 2015 – Guidelines on the Implementation of the SHS Program in Existing Public JHSs and ISs, Establishment of Stand-Alone Public SHSs, and Conversion of Existing Public Elementary and JHSs Into Stand-Alone SHSs
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Guidelines on the Implementation of the Senior High School (SHS) Program in Existing Public Junior High Schools (JHSs) and Integrated Schools (ISs), Establishment of Stand-Alone Public SHSs, and Conversion of Existing Public Elementary and JHSs Into Stand-Alone SHSs.
- These guidelines include the systems and procedures, as well as standards and criteria listed below, regardless of Track and Strand offering:
- Implementation of the SHS Program in existing JHSs or ISs nationwide, under the control and supervision of the DepEd;
- Establishment of stand-alone SHSs; and
- Conversion of existing public elementary and high schools into stand-alone SHSs.
- The systems and procedures, including the standards and criteria set therein, shall be used as a guide by the DepEd central and field offices/units, as well as the DepEd’s external stakeholders to ensure that SHSs to be established are in accordance with DepEd quality standards to enhance the delivery of basic education.
- All provisions of DepEd rules, regulations, and issuances, which are inconsistent with these guidelines are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
- This Order shall take effect within 15 days after its publication in the Official Gazette or in two newspapers of official circulation.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encls.: As stated
DepEd Memorandum: No. 4, s. 2014
DepEd Order: No. 40, s. 2014
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS