DO 54, s. 2015 – Amendment to DepEd Order No. 55, 2003 (Increase of Payment of Loyalty Cash Gift)
Bureau and Service Directors
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- Pursuant to the Civil Service Commission Memorandum Circular No. 06, s. 2002, entitled Revised Policies on the Grant of Loyalty Award, the payment of Loyalty Cash Award (LCA) was increased to an amount not less than P 500.00 but not more than P 1,000.00 for every year of service to qualified officials and employees.
- In view of this, Paragraph 2 of DepEd Order No. 55, s. 2003 which states that, In this connection, the payment of such cash gift to all officials and employees of the Department shall be increased to P 500.00 from the old rate of P 300.00 per year of service, is hereby amended as follows:
- This is also in line with the Commission on Audit Circular No. 2013-003A s. 2013 (copy enclosed), which prescribed revised rates of the LCA.
- The loyalty cash award is given to an official/employee who has completed at least 10 years, and every five years thereafter, of continuous and satisfactory service in the government.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encl.: As stated
DepEd Order (No. 55, s. 2003)
DepEd Memorandum No. 131, s. 2013
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: