DO 10, s. 2016 – Policy and Guidelines for the Comprehensive Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in Schools (WinS) Program
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- For the information and guidance of all concerned, the Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Policy and Guidelines for the Comprehensive Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene in Schools (WinS) Program for the promotion of correct hygiene and sanitation practices among school children and a clean environment in and around schools to keep learners safe and healthy.
- This Policy aims to:
- ensure correct knowledge and understanding among learners of effective hygiene and sanitation projects;
- improve equitable access to safe water, adequate toilets, and hand washing facilities;
- improve hygiene and sanitation practices among the learners to enable them to develop life-long positive hygiene and sanitation behaviors;
- ensure that schools are kept clean and safe through school-based solid waste management, proper drainage, the elimination of breeding grounds for mosquitoes to prevent vector-borne diseases, and food sanitation; and
- engage public and private partners for program implementation and sustainability.
- All Orders, Memoranda, and other issuances inconsistent with this policy are deemed repealed, rescinded, or amended accordingly upon its effectivity.
- This Order shall take effect 15 days after its publication in the Official Gazette or a newspaper of general circulation.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encl.: As stated
DepEd Order: (Nos. 65 and 56, s. 2009; 8, s. 2007 and 60, s. 1994); and No. 12, s. 2012
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: