DO 11, s. 2016 – Additional Guidelines to DepEd Order No. 47, s. 2014
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- Pursuant to DepEd Order (DO) No. 47, s. 2014 entitled Constitution and By-Laws of the Supreme Pupil Government (SPG) and Supreme Student Government (SSG) in Elementary and Secondary Schools, the organization of a student government (SG) aims to establish a representative body that fosters leadership and promote learners welfare and excellence for all. In view of the implementation of Senior High School (SHS) in School Year 2016-2017, the Department of Education (DepEd), issues additional guidelines on the integration of the SHS entrants in the organization of the SSG in all secondary schools.
- The guidelines on the organization and election of the SHS SSG aims to:
- enable the students belonging to SHS to organize and to participate in the SG;
- provide the guidelines in the conduct of the elections of the SSG in SHS; and
- define the duties and responsibilities of the officers in the SSG of the SHS.
- For more information, all concerned may contact the Office of the Undersecretary for Governance and Operations, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no. (02) 633-7203; fax no. (02) 631-84-92 or email at email@example.com
- Provisions of DO No. 47, s. 2014 inconsistent with this DO are hereby repealed. The provisions of this DO and those of DO No. 47, s. 2014 that are consistent with this Order shall remain in force and in effect until rescinded or amended.
- Enclosed are the following documents:
- Enclosure No. 1: Guidelines on the Adoption of the Organization and Election of the Supreme Student Government in the Integrated Schools and Stand-alone Senior High Schools Nationwide for SY 2016-2017
- Enclosure No. 2: DepEd Order No. 47, s. 2014, Constitution and By-Laws of the Supreme Student Government and Supreme Pupil Government in Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encl.: As stated
Reference: DepEd Order (No. 47, s. 2014)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS
STRAND: Governance and Operations