DO 24, s. 2016 – Guidelines on Accepting Donations and on Processing Applications for the Availment of Tax Incentives by Private Donor-Partners Supporting the K to 12 Program
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- For the information and guidance of all concerned, the Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Guidelines on Accepting Donations and on Processing Applications for the Availment of Tax Incentives by Private Donor – Partners Supporting the K to 12 Program.
- Promulgated to enable schools and donating entities to mutually benefit from their partnership, these guidelines conform with the tax incentives provision of Republic Act No. 8525 otherwise known as the Adopt-a-School Act of 1998 and of the Revenue Regulations No. 10-2003.
- These guidelines aim to provide details on the availment of tax incentives by private sector partners and on valuation of their support.
- Existing Adopt-a-School Program (ASP) rules and regulations on the treatment and valuation of other forms of support/donation at all school levels, shall continue to apply in processing tax incentive applications.
- All applications for the availment of tax incentives shall be processed expeditiously and efficiently, and shall be given priority attention. All private sector partners planning to avail of tax incentives should be advised to immediately complete all documentation requirements for submission to the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- All DepEd Orders and other related issuances, rules and regulations, and provisions which are inconsistent with these guidelines are repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
- For more information, all concerned may contact the External Partnerships Service – Adopt-a-School Program (ASP) Secretariat, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, Teodora Alonso Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no. (02) 638-8637.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
DepEd Order (No. 40, s. 2015)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
STRAND: Strategic Management