DO 25, s. 2016 – Commencement of Senior High School Enrolment for School Year 2016-2017
April 29, 2016
DO 25, s. 2016
Commencement of Senior High School Enrolment for School Year 2016-2017
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) shall conduct the Senior High School (SHS) Enrolment for School Year 2016-2017 in all public secondary schools starting May 2, 2016.
- School principals and/or school heads, with the support of the SHS Focal Person, and schools division offices, shall take the lead role in implementing enrolment activities in their respective localities to ensure universal participation in SHS.
- With the support of local officials and civic organizations, all regional directors and schools division superintendents shall conduct an advocacy campaign to inform and encourage out of school youth and potential returning learners to enrol in SHS. Youth find activities should be launched simultaneously with SHS enrolment.
- Schools division offices and schools are directed to use enrolment data to continuously improve their SHS implementation plans and to make necessary adjustments in order to ensure efficient school operations in time for the opening of classes on June 13, 2016.
- Enclosed are the Activities Related to SHS Enrolment and the SHS Enrolment Form.
- Schools division superintendents are authorized to approve the request for granting of vacation service credits to DepEd school personnel who have implemented enrolment-related activities, with the recommendation of the school head, pursuant to DepEd Order No. 53, s. 2003, entitled Updated Guidelines on Grant of Vacation Service Credits to Teachers.
- Expenses related to the conduct of SHS Enrolment shall be charged to local funds and other fund sources, as appropriate and as authorized and subject to usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encls.: As stated
References: DepEd Order Nos.: (53, s. 2003); 1; 21, s. 2016 and 42, s. 2015
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION OR ENROLMENT
STRAND: Curriculum and Instruction