DO 28, s. 2016 – Strengthening the Fire Safety and Awareness Program
Bureau and Service Directors
School Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Guidelines on Strengthening the Fire Safety and Awareness Program (FSAP) which aims to establish specific roles, responsibilities, and monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for the fire safety and awareness program of schools which was launched through DepEd Order Nos. 72, s. 2012 and 13, s. 2013.
- The roles, responsibilities, and monitoring and evaluation mechanisms constituting the process shall guide the concerned offices of schools, schools divisions, regions, and the central office in addressing fire safety preparedness measures and facilitate the Fire Code compliance of schools through a sustainable program and partnership with the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), and the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP).
- All DepEd Orders, Memoranda, and other related issuances, rules, regulations, and provisions which are inconsistent with these guidelines are hereby repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
- This Order shall take effect immediately upon its issuance.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encl.: As stated
References: DepEd Order: (Nos. 13, s. 2013; 72, s. 2012) and 55, s. 2007
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
STRAND: Strategic Management