DO 36, s. 2016 – Policy Guidelines on Awards and Recognition for the K to12 Basic Education Program
June 7, 2016
DO 36, s. 2016
Policy Guidelines on Awards and Recognition for the K to12 Basic Education Program
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- In line with the implementation of Republic Act No. 10533, otherwise known as Enhanced Basic Education Act of 2013 (K to 12 Law), the Department of Education (DepEd) is adopting the enclosed Policy Guidelines on Awards and Recognition for the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
- These awards have been designed to formally recognize the outstanding performance and achievement of learners in academics, leadership, and social responsibility, among other aspects of student progress and development. These awards are given to encourage learners to strive for excellence and to become proactive members of the school and community.
- All learners, including transferees, who have met the standards, criteria, and guidelines set by this policy shall be recognized.
- There can be two or more recipients of any award. However, should there be no qualified learner, the awards shall not be given.
- For learners in the Special Education (SpEd) program who follow the K to 12 Curriculum, the same policy guidelines shall apply. Learners using a modified curriculum may receive recognition in the class based on their performance in meeting the standards of their curriculum.
- Effective School Year 2016-2017, the Policy Guidelines on Awards and Recognition for the K to 12 Basic Education Program shall be implemented in public elementary and secondary schools, including Grade 6 classes under the old Basic Education Curriculum (BEC).
- Private schools, higher education institutions (HEIs), technical-vocational institutions (TVIs), state universities and colleges (SUCs), and local universities and colleges (LUCs) offering basic education or any grade levels thereof, shall be responsible for promulgating their policy guidelines on awards and recognition for the K to 12 Basic Education Program, consistent with these policies and guidelines. Any modifications in the guidelines should be subject to the approval of the DepEd Regional Office.
- These guidelines will remain in force and in effect for the duration of the program, unless sooner repealed, amended, or rescinded. All provisions in existing Orders and Memoranda which are inconsistent with this Order are rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
References: DepEd Order: Nos. 15, s. 2016; 8, s. 2015, and 74, s. 2012
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
PRIZES OR AWARDS
STRAND: Curriculum and Instruction