Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. Since School Year (SY) 2012-2013, the Department of Education (DepEd), through DepEd Order (DO) No. 31, s. 2012 entitled Policy Guidelines on the Implementation of Grades 1 to 10 of the K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum Effective School Year 2012-2013 has enjoined all public and private schools to find creative and innovative ways to implement the K to 12 Basic Education Program. As a result, several public and private schools have heeded the challenge by coming up with varied ways of implementing the enhanced basic education program through the following:
a. creation of school-specific K to 12 transition plans;
b. modeling of the Senior High School (SHS) Program as described in DO 36, s. 2012 entitled Guidelines on the 2012 Implementation of the Senior High School (SHS) Modeling in Selected Technical and Vocational Education and General Secondary Schools Under the K to 12 Basic Education Program, and DO 71, s. 2012 entitled Confirmation of Superintendent Eligibility for the 2010 Educational Management Test (EMT) Passers; and
c. early implementation of SHS in SY 2014-2015 and SY 2015-2016.
2. To help higher education institutions (HEIs) determine who are eligible to proceed to higher education in SY 2017-2018, DepEd has classified the public and private schools which underwent innovations in their basic education programs based on the following:
a. Private schools which submitted a K to 12 transition plan and which previously offered a seven-year elementary education program;
b. Public and private schools which took part in the SHS Modeling Program in SY 2012-2013 and SY 2013-2014; and
c. Public and private schools which did early implementation of SHS in SY 2014-2015 and SY 2015-2016.
3. The graduates of public and private schools, which fall under the aforementioned classification are eligible to proceed to higher education in SY 2017-2018. The lists of these schools are posted on www.deped.gov.ph/k-to-12/shs/approved-for-hei
. Moreover, all graduates of the previous four-year high school program as stated in DO 76, s. 2010 entitled Policy Guidelines on the Implementation of the 2010 Secondary Education Curriculum (SEC), who would like to proceed to higher education are also eligible to enrol in any university or college.
4. All DepEd Orders and other related issuances which are inconsistent with this Order are hereby rescinded.
5. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
References:DepEd Order: Nos.: 21, s. 2016, and 42, s. 2015 (31, 36, and 71, s. 2012, and 76, s. 2010)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
STRAND: Curriculum and Instruction