DO 47, s. 2016 – Omnibus Policy on Kindergarten Education
June 28, 2016
DO 47, s. 2016
Omnibus Policy on Kindergarten Education
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. Republic Act No. 10157 also known as the Kindergarten Education Act provides equal opportunities for all children to accessible and mandatory kindergarten education. Thus, the Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Omnibus Policy on Kindergarten Education for School Year 2016-2017, and the subsequent school years thereafter.
2. This DepEd Order (DO) therefore sets the basic standards for an efficient and effective Kindergarten Education Program implementation for both public and private schools nationwide, and shall serve as basis for accreditation and/or recognition of those intending to put early learning centers.
3. This DO further provides a comprehensive Kindergarten Education policy covering the following different components of implementing Kindergarten Education Program:
b. instruction, such as teaching methodologies and strategies;
d. learning resources and instructional materials;
e. learning space and environment; and
f. monitoring and evaluation for the standard delivery of kindergarten services.
4. All existing Orders, Memoranda, and other related issuances inconsistent with this policy are superseded.
5. This policy will remain in force and in effect, unless sooner, repealed, amended or rescinded.
6. Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
References: DepEd Order: Nos. 21, 25, and 32, s. 2012
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
STRAND: Curriculum and Instructions