DO 03, s. 2018 – Basic Education Enrollment Policy
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Basic Education Enrollment Policy for School Year 2018-2019 and the subsequent school years thereafter, to institutionalize an efficient enrollment process in public and private schools, and state/local universities and colleges (SUCs/LUCs) offering basic education nationwide.
- The rules and standards prescribed by this policy uphold the right of learners to enroll in public schools upon presentation of minimum documentary requirements, and to be provided with accessible, relevant, quality and liberating education.
- They also guarantee the right of learners to enroll in private schools and SUCs/LUCs offering basic education upon the submission of minimum documentary requirements, and satisfaction of other conditions that the educational institution may require, subject to the existing laws and regulations.
- The issuance repeals DepEd Order No. 6, s. 2017 entitled Multi-Year Implementing Guidelines on Early Registration. All existing Orders, Memoranda, and other related issuances inconsistent with this policy are hereby repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Encl: As stated
References: DepEd Order: Nos. 6 and 58, s. 2017; 47; 52, 54 and 55, s. 2016; 8, s. 2015; 4, s. 2014; and 41, s. 2012
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: