Announcement (October 30, 2015)
Submission of Documentary Requirements for Senior High School (SHS) Teaching Positions
This is to clarify that the October 30, 2015 deadline set in the “Call for Expressions of Intent for Senior High School Teaching Positions for School Year (SY) 2016-2017” is for the expressions of intent and NOT the submission of application requirements.
To reiterate, the purpose of the call was to have a preliminary pool. Once the teaching positions are created, schools division offices (SDOs) shall publish vacancies for a period of ten (10) days in compliance with Republic Act No. 7041 (Publication Law).
Interested applicants may continue submitting documentary requirements to their respective local DepEd division offices. The hiring guidelines containing the evaluation criteria and selection process will be issued soon.
Call for Expressions of Intent for Senior High School Teaching Positions for School Year (SY) 2016-2017
The Department of Education (DepEd) calls for expressions of intent for full-time and part-time teaching positions in the Senior High School (SHS, Grades 11 and 12) for School Year (SY) 2016-2017.
This call is addressed to qualified and highly-competent teachers, professionals, practitioners, and experts who are interested in teaching the core curriculum and/or applied and specialized subjects under the four SHS tracks:
- Core curriculum – Language, Humanities, Communication (Media and Information Literacy), Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Philosophy, and Physical Education and Health
- Applied Track subjects in the Academic Track and/or specialized subjects under the following strands:
- Accountancy, Business and Management (ABM)
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
- Humanities and Social Science (HUMSS)
- General Academic (GA)
- Applied Track subjects in Technical-Vocational-Livelihood (TVL), and/or specialized subjects under the following strands:
- Agri-Fishery Arts
- Home Economics (HE)
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Industrial Arts
- Applied and specialized subjects Arts and Design
- Applied and specialized subjects Sports
Please refer to the K to 12 Curriculum Guides for more details on the Senior High School Curriculum.
Philippine citizenship is required. All interested individuals may submit their expression of intent to their local DepEd Schools Division Office (SDO) on or before October 30, 2015. The following documents shall also be submitted:
Mandatory requirements for all applicants:
- Letter of intent which shall indicate the following information:
- Statement of purpose/expression of interest
- Track(s)/Strand(s)/Subjects(s) applying for
- Preferred school(s), if any
- CSC Form 212, Revised 2005 (Personal Data Sheet) in two (2) copies with the latest 2×2 ID picture
- Certified photocopy of certificates of relevant specialized trainings, if any
- Certified copy of Voter’s ID and/or any proof of residency
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance
- Omnibus certification of authenticity and veracity of all documents submitted, signed by the applicant
Additional requirements for permanent full-time positions:
- Certified photocopy of Diploma on Bachelor’s degree
- Certified photocopy of Transcript of Records with at least 15 units of specialization in relevant strand/specialized subject
- Certified photocopy of Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) professional ID card/certificate of registration /license, if available
- Certified photocopy of ratings obtained in the Licensure Examination for teachers(LET)/Professional Board Examination for Teachers (PBET), if available
Additional requirements for TVL teacher-applicants (for both full-time and part-time):
- Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) National Certificate (NC) of at least one level higher than course to be taught in subject to be taught (e.g. at least NC-III in SMAW to teach SMAW-NC-II)
- Certified photocopy of Trainers Methodology Certificate (TMC), if available
Additional requirement for Arts & Design and Sports Tracks teacher-applicants:
- Certified photocopy of Certification of Proficiency/Recognition from recognized and respectable relevant associations/organizations/guild
Additional requirement for HEI/TVI faculty:
- Certified photocopy of Certification of Status of Employment/Service Record from HEI/TVI
Salaries will range from Php19,940 (Salary Grade 12) to Php39,493 (Salary Grade 21). The purpose of this call is to have a preliminary pool. Once the teaching positions are created, SDOs shall publish vacancies for a period of ten (10) days in compliance with RA No. 7041 (Publication Law). Interested candidates shall be required to submit their formal application. They shall then be ranked following DepEd’s evaluation criteria and selection process, which will be issued at a later date. Hiring and placement of successful applicants shall be according to the following general guidelines:
- Priority shall be based on ranking.
- Affected/displaced faculty from higher education institutions shall likewise be given priority.
- The teaching rank, salary grade and status of appointment will depend on the applicant’s qualifications.
- Permanent full-time status shall only be given to applicants with PRC teaching license and/or appropriate certification.
- The DepEd SDO shall determine the applicants’ school assignments in consultation with the SHS.
For more information, contact the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Development at telephone nos. (632) 633-7206 or your local DepEd SDO.