DO 36, s. 1986 – Organization and Management System of the Secondary Education Development Program (SEDP)
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Pursuant to the Ministry’s program to upgrade secondary education in the country, a management system has been organized to make plans for such improvement.
- The management system will include a Steering Committee and a Project Technical Staff. Subject to the authority of the Minister of Education, Culture and Sports, the Steering Committee shall have the following functions:
- Serve as advisory body to the Minister regarding policy matters;
- Serve as executive arm of the Minister;
- Supervise and evaluate investment program project plans, policy studies and other implementation requirements;
- Supervise and manage utilization of project funds;
- Review and approve proposals.
The Steering Committee shall be composed of seven members, as follows:
Chairpersons: Victor Ordonez, Deputy Minister | Minda C. Sutaria, Deputy Minister
Members: Pacifico Aprieto, Executive Director, Instructional Materials Corporation
Pedro O. Sanvicente, Regional Director
Francisco B. Concillo, Regional Director
Modesta G. Boquiren, Regional Director
Esperanza A. Gonzalez, Director, Bureau of Secondary Education
EDPITAF shall serve as the secretariat of the Steering Committee.
- The Project Technical Staff shall serve as the technical arm of the Steering Committee and as such will implement project preparation and pre-implementation activities and do other functions as may be assigned by the Steering Committee. The Technical Staff shall be headed by the Project Director, who shall be assisted by an assistant director and a core of full-time staff and part-time consultants and experts. The Project Director may constitute working committees as deemed necessary.
- Dr. Esperanza A. Gonzalez is hereby designated Project Director and Dr. Nilo L. Rosas Assistant Project Director for the Secondary Education Development Program. Mrs. Mila Marcos and Mrs. Zenaida Domingo shall be assigned to the project to assist in project planning and media-assisted instruction, respectively.
- To ensure smooth implementation of the pre-project implementation activities, the Project Director shall submit to the Steering Committee an action plan and proposed organization and staffing pattern within thirty days from the date of this Order.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, SECONDARY