DO 58, s. 1987 – Formation of the Technical Education Network (TEN) of the 21 Technical Education Institutes
June 1, 1987
DO 58, s. 1987
Formation of the Technical Education Network (TEN) of the 21 Technical Education Institutes
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- In compliance with the objectives of the Technical and Vocational Education Project (TVEP) under the Philippine Government and the ADB Loan Agreement No. 531-PHI, the 21 technical education institutes (TEIs) as lead institutions in post secondary non-degree technical and vocational programs have formed themselves into a network as one intervention to institutionalize the benefits even beyond the end of the project on December 31, 1988.
- The network shall have the National Center for Technical Education and Staff Development at MIST as the lead (APEX) and the three (3) regional centers at MTI, Taguig, Metro Manila for Luzon at CSCST, Cebu City for Visayas and at USP, Davao City for Mindanao shall be the regional centers of excellence in technical and vocational education.
- The areas of concern and collaboration in the networking are:
- Planning and Management
- Curriculum and Instructional Materials Development
- Staff Development
- Research and Development
- Educational Facilities Development
- Career Guidance and Industrial Liaison
- Standards Development
- Resource Generation
- Information Exchange
- Accreditation and Certification
- The model for networking operation as indicated in inclosure No. 1 places the National Center as the apex of the network. In addition to the nine (9) areas of collaboration the National Center shall undertake with the three (3) regional centers pre-service (teacher training) education program for technician teachers. As a national center it shall continue to offer the technician teacher upgrading program (MTE) for the 21 TEIs and all other technical and vocational schools and shall undertake the staff development programs for the staff of the regional centers. Research and manpower studies of national scope shall be undertaken by the national center in cooperation with the Technical Panel for Technical and Vocational Education (TPTVE) and the Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education (BTVE) and shall render supervisory and technical assistance to the regional centers and in special cases to the TEIs and other technical and vocational schools in cooperation with BTVE.
- The regional centers shall conduct research and manpower studies of a more limited geographical scope, conduct staff development programs for the staff of the TEIs – inclosure number 2 and all other technical vocational institutions within the service area. The TEIs shall render technical assistance to other technical and vocational institutions within their service areas in cooperation with the Technical and Vocational Education Division in the regional offices.
- Heads of all of the 21 TEIs are expected to brief the regional directors and the Technical and Vocational Education Division in all regional offices on the role of networking as an intervention to assist other technical and vocational institutions in their service areas.
- Each of the 21 TEIs are expected to organize the Institute-Industry Advisory Board (DECS Order No. 28, s. 1987) to ensure relevance of programs being offered to meet the industrial manpower requirements of the area. Inclosure No. 3 is the constitutions of the TEIs Network.
- Compliance with this Order by all concerned is enjoined.
Incls.: As stated
Reference: DECS Order No. 28, s. 1987
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
APPOINTMENT, EMPLOYMENT, REAPPOINTMENT