September 29, 1997 – DO 67, s. 1997 – Implementation of the Revitalized Homeroom Guidance Program (RHGP) for SY 1998-1999
September 29, 1997
DO 67, s. 1997
Implementation of the Revitalized Homeroom Guidance Program (RHGP) for SY 1998-1999
Schools Division Superintendents
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- The Revitalized Homeroom Guidance Program (RHGP) shall be implemented simultaneously in all year levels in all types of public and private high schools, including technical and vocational institutions and high school departments of state colleges and universities starting SY 1998-1999.
- The RHGP seeks to develop the student’s personality in order to prepare him/her for his/her role in the family, the world of work, and the community.
Specifically, the program is intended to achieve the following objectives:
- Develop the student’s personality through an understanding of self and environment, and
- Discover/enhance the aptitude/interests of the student to prepare him/her for the world of work and higher academic or non-academic studies.
- In consonance with Department Order No. 6, Series 1975, entitled “Homeroom Period Required in All Secondary Schools”, the RHGP will:
- be reflected in the school program of every high school, in the report cards and other school forms as ‘RHGP’;
- be handled by the section adviser and scheduled forty minutes once a week in the first period of the class, program; c be a non-credit, graded activity; thus, a prerequisite for promotion to the next higher curriculum year and for graduation. All students are therefore required to participate in the RHGP activities.
- For SY 1997-1998, the regions should continue implementing the RHGP in tryout schools and may further expand the program to other schools and divisions provided the tryout teachers are given prior orientation or training on the program. Feedback on the tryout, particularly on the use of the modules, should be submitted to:
Bureau of Secondary Education, DECS
3rd Floor, Bonifacio BIdg., U.L.
Complex Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
FAX No. 636-51-93
- Inclosures Nos. 1 and 2 contain the conceptual framework and the legal bases of the Program.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
Department Order: (No. 6, s. 1975)
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be Indicated In the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: