July 2, 2008 DO 51, s. 2008 – Annual Collection and Processing of Formal Basic Education Data SY 2008-2009
Regional Secretary – DepED ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The annual statistical activities of the Department for SY 2008-2009 start with the distribution and collection of the data gathering forms designed for electronic processing under the Basic Education Information System (BEIS). These BEIS forms which will be posted in the DepED website (www.deped.gov.ph) for easy downloading by schools, divisions and regions, consist of the following:
- government elementary school profile;
- government secondary school profile; and
- private school profile (for private elementary and secondary schools).
- To enhance the effectiveness of BEIS SY 2008-2009, new procedures to be observed include the following:
- The cut-off date for the Government Elementary and Secondary School Profile and Private School Profile shall be July 31. This revised cut-off date is set to enable the production of processed SY 2008-2009 data within December 2008.
- There will be new forms to complete (please see enclosures) as part of the overall BEIS exercise.
- Quick Counts Module will include data on enrolment by grade/year level and by sex and data on number of shifts. This information will come from Table A and C of the school profiles. Total enrolment should tally with the Quick Counts Enrolment Data.
- Deadline for the submission of outputs shall be as follows:
BEIS Quick Counts – Module 1 – August 15, 2008
BEIS School Statistics – Module 2 – November 14, 2008
- The division and regional offices are encouraged to use electronic mail in the submission of their outputs to the Office of Planning Service, DepED Centred Office at the following addresses, copy furnished the Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inquiries or requests for clarification concerning the BEIS SY 2008-2009 data collection activities may also be directed to these above-listed addresses.
- Regional Directors and Schools Division Superintendents through the regional and divisional planning units shall jointly undertake the distribution, collection, processing and validation of the completed forms. To facilitate the process, funds for printing and reproduction of the forms shall be transferred directly to the account of the division office concerned.
- Heads of public and private elementary and secondary schools offering pre-elementary, elementary and/or secondary education shall be held accountable for the prompt, complete and accurate filing in of the BEIS forms. Should there be variances between last year’s and this year’s data, school heads are required to provide adequate explanations/justifications for such variances. These explanations or justifications must be contained in additional sheets that are properly labeled, duly signed by concerned official and appended to the completed BEIS forms.
- Since most of DepED’s resource allocation decisions are influenced by the BEIS, regional directors, schools division superintendents and district supervisors are likewise advised to implement rigid validation procedures to ensure sanctity of the data captured in the forms (i.e., in terms of completeness, accuracy, consistency and objectivity). Administrative sanctions shall be imposed on those officials who deliberately report false or inaccurate data.
- Full compliance to this Order is desired. All previous issuances related to this Order that are found inconsistent herewith are deemed superseded or modified accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: No. 51, s. 2007 Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
SCHOOLS STATISTICS, Data