July 26, 2011 DO 58, s. 2011 – Submission of Reports on the Status of All Private Schools and Posting of Lists
July 26, 2011
DO 58, s. 2011
Submission of Reports on the Status of All Private Schools and Posting of Lists
Schools Division/City Superitnendents
Heads, Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- Pursuant to DepED Order Nos. 34, s. 2007, 30, s. 2008, 51, s. 2009, 68, 88 s. 2010, and 11, s. 2011, the Department of Education (DepEd) requires all the Regional Directors (RDs) to immediately submit the Reports on the Status of All Private Elementary and Secondary Schools under their areas of responsibility on or before July 31, 2011. These reports shall be addressed to the Office of the Secretary, 2nd Floor, Rizal 1 Building, Department of Education (DepEd), DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City 1601, and the lists of all private schools nationwide shall be posted at http://www.deped.gov.ph.
- Each Regional Report contains the following: lists of private schools and addresses by level and by division; and their status whether they (1) have permit to operate, (2) have recognition, (3) have accreditation, or (4) have voluntarily ceased their operation, or (5) have been ordered closed by DepEd within the last five (5) years. Please see Enclosure Nos. 1A (form for listing elementary schools) and IB (form for listing secondary schools).
- Moreover, the RDs and Schools Division/City Superintendents (SDSs) shall require the concerned personnel and staff to post these lists of schools in the bulletin boards at the regional and division offices, municipal halls and other conspicuous places. The regional and division offices are advised to encourage parents to check whether the private schools where they intend to enroll their children is duly permitted or recognized by this Department.
- For more information and proper coordination, please contact the Office of Undersecretary for Legal and Legislative Affairs, Ground Floor, Rizal 1 Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City 1601 at Telephone No.: (02) 633-7259; Telefax No.: (02) 633-7205, or at e-mail address: email@example.com.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: (Nos. 34, s. 2007, 30, s. 2008, 51, s. 2009, 68, 88. s 2010, and 11, s. 2011)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS